Don Joy Iceman Cold Therapy
Best Post Surgery Ice System
The Don Joy Iceman Cold Therapy system is perfect for reducing swelling and inflammation after a surgery and for athletes that need to regularly ice parts of their body to remain healthy, in shape, and ready to compete everyday. The iceman eliminates the need for lots of ice packs that need to be placed back in the freezer for hours at a time during each use. This system is dedicated to making repetitive icing a breeze without the hassles that a patient or athlete goes through in order to tick to a rigorous therapeutic routine.
Every athlete knows that placing cold ice packs on sore and inflamed muscles, tendons, and ligaments is the best path to recovery. If you have been looking for a better way to cool your body down after rigorous exercise then check out this comprehensive icing system.
Rate for Cold Therapy Solution
Overview of Therapy Solution
This particular cold therapy system is designed for regular use throughout the day. Many doctors and physical therapists recommend that athletes recovering from injuries to do several ice therapy sessions such as 20 minutes on 20 minutes off, or 30 minutes on 30 minutes off throughout the day. This type of constant icing is essential to get the inflammation and swelling down so that the healing process can begin.
The Don Joy Iceman is designed specifically for this situation.
It is comprised of a large cooler bucket with a hose connector for using attachments. The hose has an attachment that connects to various pads that are specially made for specific parts of the body. This allows a patient to leave the pad wrapped onto their knee, shoulder, ankle, or other body part that needs to be cooled. This allows the watercooler to be separated from the patient during non use and while being refilled.
Remember to place a light towel in between the pad and the skin. Lightly secure the pad in place, too much pressure will not allow the water to run properly and also can be uncomfortable. Make sure to not run the system longer than the doctor /therapist has instructed as ice can be damaging if left onto one spot for too long.
Do like to ice down injuries and sore joints, muscles, etc.
Self Ice Treatment Process
Using a comprehensive cold therapy system is relatively simple. Once the pad has been secured to the body part that needs treatment with soft bandage wraps, the patient can leave it in place for hours on end.
- Fill up the water cooler with Ice and fill to the line with water.
- Put the lid back on the cooler.
- Plug the cable into the pad cable.
- Plug in the water cooler pump and turn it on.
- Adjust the flow of water on the dial to allow water to flow through the pad cooling the body part that is inflamed and swollen.
- Turn off the machine after the allotted time for treatment.
- Disconnect the pad from the water cooler and refill when needed, but no need to undo the bandages and ice pad from the patient if additional treatment time will be occurring soon.
A Spill Waiting to Happen
Advantages of Ice System
There are many advantages to using the iceman system for cold treatment and therapy. The following are the most important if you are recovering from a surgery or a major injury that requires regular ice therapy.
- No bags to manage.
- Wrap it up once and leave it for several hours with no redoing the ace bandages holding the ice man extension in position
- Easy to manage consistent therapy treatments on a rigorous schedule.
- Easier to manage by oneself
- Eliminate leaks from happening