- Education and Science»
ESL/EFL Fun Food Facts Quiz
This ESL/EFL fun food fact quiz is perfect as a filler for a classroom full of bored students.
Simply print out the page below. Students select the answers to the quiz from the list. Answers at the bottom.
Choose the answers from the list
Fun Food Fact Quiz
- What was sold in the 1830s as a medicine?
- Swallowing 1 teaspoon of sugar without water cures what?
- Every time you lick a stamp, you ingest 1/10 of a what?
- Pearls dissolve in what?
- The ancients Greeks used to chew _______ made from the bark of a tree.
- What does the word 'onion' mean in Latin?
- In 2001 in Britain there were 300 _________-related accidents. People slipped on them.
- You can use ________ to make dynamite.
- Square melons are common in _________ so they can fit into the fridges easily.
- If you eat a lot of beetroot, your urine will turn _______.
- A pineapple plant only produces ________ fruit a year.
- The Arabs invented ________ as a way to remove hair for women in harems.
- Chocolate can kill _______ .
- Meat eating Americans eat ________ pigs in their lifetimes.
- Not many foods in the world naturally contain vitamin D, but _________ are one of them.
- During World War 2, British and Japanese soldiers were given ___________ intravenously because of the shortage of saline solution.
- Roast _______ is the biggest dish you can get on menus across the world.
- The world's most expensive coffee beans comes from partially digested beans that a civet ______ has eaten. It costs between $160-$600 per pound.
- The world's first _________ was made from hippopotamus and was believed to be around 6000 years old.
- Trichophagia is an eating disorder. People who have it eat _________ .
- Apples and jelly beans have something in common. They are both sprayed with shellac, which makes them shiny. This resin comes from excretion from a female _________.
- The FDA realise that there might be rodent hair or insects in our processed foods. But there are acceptable levels of contamination. For instance, peanut butter should not contain more than 1_________ per 100grams.
- What is the only food in the world that never spoils?
- What was once used as a currency by the Aztecs?
- Carrots used to be ________ before the 17th century.
More articles by the author
Want to do a Food Idioms exercise? This activity includes a multiple choice and a section to test the newly learned food idioms.
- Large pearl
- Egg yolks
- Coconut water
- Rodent hair
Credited source: http://www.thefactsite.com/2012/02/100-random-food-facts.html
© 2015 Muttface