Effexor XR Withdrawal And Side Effects
No matter what may be wrong with any particular person chances are that a doctor will prescribe a pill for it. Many times it is a prescription for anxiety or depression. More than 19 million Americans are diagnosed with depression each and every year. I wonder is life really this bad? So terrible we must take drugs. Prescription drugs are no different than illegal drugs. Neither of them are any good for your body and they both cause side effects. Some prescription drugs such as Effexor XR leave its users addicted and in withdrawal suffering from terrible side effects when it is not taken.
Just because your doctor gives you a pill does not mean it is safe. There are more and more wrongful death lawsuits filed against pharmaceutical companies each year. Be smart when taking new drugs given to you by your doctor. You have the right to know all the side effects that may or may not happen to you.
Effexor XR is a drug given to hundreds of thousands of Americans each year. It is also very expensive.
Side Effects Of Effexor XR And Withdrawal
Patients who were prescribed Effexor XR were not fully informed about all the side effects that they would experience if they ever were to stop taking the drug. Effexor is not supposed to be habit forming but yet people who take this pill can not function on a daily basis without it. If they are forced to go without the medication for even 1 day they will go through very painful withdrawal symptoms.
It was not until a number of people died resulting from the use of Effexor XR that the company put out a warning and changed its labels to warn about the possible side effects.
Side effects and withdrawal symptoms from Effexor XR include:
1. Crying spells
2. Worsened mood
3. Low energy (fatigue, lethargy, malaise)
4. Trouble concentrating
5. Insomnia or trouble sleeping
6. Change in appetite
7. Suicidal thoughts
8. Suicide attempts
9. Anxious, nervous, tense
10. Panic attacks (racing heart, breathless)
11. Chest pain
12. Trembling, jittery,or shaking
14. Agitation (restlessness, hyperactivity)
18. Homicidal thoughts or urges
19. Confusion or cognitive difficulties
20. Memory problems or forgetfulness
21. Elevated mood (feeling high)
22. Mood swings
23. Manic-like reactions
24. Auditory hallucinations
25. Visual hallucinations
26. Feeling detached or unreal
27. Excessive or intense dreaming
29. Flu-like aches and pains
33. Runny nose
34. Sore eyes
38. Abdominal pain or cramps
39. Stomach bloating
41. Spinning, swaying, lightheaded
42. Hung over or waterlogged feeling
43. Unsteady gait, poor coordination
44. Motion sickness
47. Numbness, burning, or tingling
48. Electric zap-like sensations in the brain
49. Electric shock-like sensations in the body
50. Abnormal visual sensations
51. Ringing or other noises in the ears
52. Abnormal smells or tastes
53. Drooling or excessive saliva
54. Slurred speech
55. Blurred vision
56. Muscle cramps, stiffness, twitches
57. Feeling of restless legs
58. Uncontrollable twitching of mouth
Up to 78% of effexor users will experience withdrawal. Withdrawal can happen in as little as 1 day. Many people report the brain zaps or electric shocks felt inside the skull to be a common and immediate side effect if Effexor XR is not taken at the same exact time each day.
Depression- How to Recognize It and What to Do
- Depression- How to Recognize It and What to Do
Depression, often dubbed the "Every Man's Disease" is more common than you might suspect. It is common because everyone experiences downers and major stressors in life and this has easy potential to trigger...
- Effexor XR Withdrawal
Effexor XR Withdrawal
Things To Help The Withdrawals
If you or someone you know is taking Effexor XR it is extremely important to never quit taking the medication cold turkey. You will need to be closely monitored by your doctor if you want to stop taking Effexor XR. Tapering off the drug is the only way to actually quit taking it and be successful at it. Many times the pains of withdrawal are too much for people to handle and they are left taking effexor forever or until something changes.