First Day High! : Initial impressions
Initial impressions last so make sure you're gold from the get go!
first day of school is a chance to a start a new - it's almost feels
like you are being reborn. You can make it count by being the best
person you can be by being friendly, know when you hold back, and
always mind your manners!
Do's and Don'ts
- Do: take the initiative and make your presence known to new classmates. Don't complain about having to introduce yourself (again!) to your old classmate / section.
- Do: help shyer classmates with instructions. Don't ignore new classmates who try to acquaint themselves with you
- Do: put a new teacher at ease by welcoming her to your class. Don't make fun of new teachers who try their best to impress....
Finding a seat
- Do: Search for a spot conducive to learning. Don't make a beeline for the last row - doing this screams "problem student."
- Do: Sit up front if you've got eyesight issues / problems, because constant squinting causes wrinkles! Don't drag your chair too close to your best friend, dragging your chair will cause a traffic jam in the aisles.
- Do: Relinquish / Give your seat to someone who might need it more. Don't rearrange the chairs so you and your BFFs could get the best ones.
Making an Impression
- Do: Always be on your best behavior around everybody. Don't limit your etiquette to just the school admin and faculty.
- Do: Always set achievable goals for your self. Don't be lazy about improving yourself and habits.
- Do: appreciate other's efforts to make a good impression. Don't scoff at those who want to start their year right (by trying hard to make good impressions)