Meet the Berries: Straw, Blue and Rasp
Meet the Berry Trio: Straw, Blue and Rasp while exposing their berry-boosting health benefits.
So you've met the Berries.
Which one is your favorite?
We need fruits to get the vitamins and minerals that we need for our body. We just cannot rely on a capsule-form of vitamins, which is not good for our body. Take fresh fruits and vegetables for vitamins instead.
These berries are rich in antioxidants that fights free radicals that cause cancer on our body. Aside from that, they re also packed with other vitamins and health-boosting benefits. Let's dig in more.
I've visited Strawberry Farm in Baguio City way back and that's the first time I've seen Strawberries wide plantation.
Strawberry Farm is located in La Trinidad Valley, Benguet, and less than 10 km from the centre of Baguio City.
I can still feel the summer's sun on my cheek as I pull one strawberry into its hiding place. Looks very delicious and tempting to pick it up and eat it.
So these sexy fruit has a lot of benefits hiding beneath its skin. Let's take a look:
- Strawberries help keep digestion regular and lower blood pressure, ensure a healthy immune system, and ward off the development of age-related ocular diseases.
- Strawberries are rich in antioxidants. They contain a chemical compound called as "Phenols".
- The Phenols in strawberries fight against inflammatory disorders. (For example: osteoarthritis, asthma and atherosclerosis). Strawberries, however, do not carry unwanted side effects like stomach and intestinal bleeding.
- Strawberries are known to fight different kinds of cancer.
- Strawberries can decrease the possibility of contracting age-related macular degeneration.
- Strawberries contain manganese, an essential nutrient that acts as a powerful antioxidant and anti-inﬂammatory agent. Manganese is great for bones, helped in bone building and maintaining proper bone structure.
They are blue and they're berries.
Oh the blueberries! This fruit is very well known because of its sweet taste and never ending health benefits to our health.
The blueberry tree is the member of Cyanococcus and Vaccinium genus. People who eat blueberries more often reduce their chances of brain damage, of Alzheimer's disease and other illnesses.
There are so many health benefits about blueberries and here are some facts about this delicious fruit:
- Blueberries contain antioxidants. Antioxidants help counteract free radicals, reduce cell damage and helps protect our eyes from cataracts.
- Blueberries are rich in fiber. Fibers plays a vital role in the health of our heart and this fruit keeps cholesterol level under control.
- Blueberries are high in Vitamin C. Vitamin C is essential to keep our immune system strong.
- Blueberries are rich in manganese. Manganese contributes to the bone growth.
- Blueberries prevent UTI or Urinary Tract Infection.
- Blueberries prevent constipation and indigestion.
- Blueberries are rich in nutrients, minerals and vitamins.
- Blueberries are sweet and juicy and contain a natural pigment called Pro-Anthocyanidins.
- Blueberries helps get rid of harmful radicals on our body.
Have you ever tasted blueberries before? Very delicious fruit right? They also offer us never-ending health benefits. You should always try to include this fruit on your diet.
The Raspberry is one such member of the berry family and is both refreshing and great for overall health.
Raspberries are edible fruits that come from the berry family and are a good delicious source of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. When it comes to its benefits, Raspberries has a wide range of good health benefits for our body.
Raspberries are small, delicate fruit berries but also packed with vitamins, minerals as well as antioxidants. These are little jewels of nature. They provide us with sweet fragrance and boosting health benefits needed by our body.
Let's have a refreshing treat of Raspberries while digging its health benefits.
- Raspberries contain nutrients needed by the body like Vitamin A, C, E and K. They also contain manganese, fibers copper, folate (vitamin B9), iron, potassium and zinc.
- This fruit is also a good source of Omega 3 fats.
- Raspberries improve digestion. The fibers found on this berry help our digestion to work or function well.
- Raspberries guard our vision. The vitamins found on this fruit like A, C, E and K protects the eye from macular degeneration.
- Raspberries are rich in antioxidant. Antioxidants help in anti-aging. We get protection from stress, aging and other environmental factors.
- Raspberries strengthen our immune system and keep our body in shape.
So, these are some health benefits that we can get from raspberries. No wonder they are the gems of natures. So pure and perfect to eat.