- Education and Science
How I Want To Live My Life
My perspective of life
Our life is moving at a very fast pace that we hardly have any time to stop in our tracks to ponder our actions. We go on with our life, try to deal with any serious problems on the way, then move on again. We fret and fume, and crib and cry over our personal frustrations and the issues of daily life but never stop for a minute to think why all this is happening and how we can live life in a more relaxed fashion.
Have you ever done a serious assessment of your life's purpose and goals? We accept whatever happens to us calling it unfortunate or bad times or anything similar. On the contrary we need to look at life as a challenge and learn to enjoy all the good things that come our way. We need to live life the way we want instead of living life as it comes or as directed by others.
My perspective of life is different. Nothing is impossible to achieve or accomplish if we followed a specific set of rules to be incorporated into our daily routine. By following these simple rules, it would be possible to reach your personal and career goals without many complications.
The way I want to live my life
My life so far has not been an organized affair despite my wishing for one because all the wonderful plans I had for me and my family were shattered by rheumatoid arthritis that struck me when I was all of thirty three. I lived (maybe existed?) with this crippling condition for several years before coming around and making decisions to move forward come what may. By then my children had already grown up leaving me feeling guilty and helpless for many of my plans had centered around them.
Now I am a different person altogether. With my sheer determination to wriggle out of the most painful condition, I have succeeded and am now a near-normal person able to take up any hectic activity without fear of a pain here and a swelling there. My health improved after meditation and after my entry into the online writing field, the job and the financial freedom have at last made me stronger.
Life does not stop for anyone or anything; it goes on and it is up to us to make the most out of the life we have been blessed with. There is no better time than now to prepare myself to live the way I want. Living the way I want doesn't imply random ways but a disciplined one by making certain rules to adhere to and live by.
A resolution need not be made only for a new year. Any time we realize certain facts of life is a new year. I understand that my life's success or failure depends on the correctness of the decisions I make today. Here's how I want to lead the rest of my life.
- I will always be happy and cheerful making the others around me also happy
- I want to enjoy life to the fullest
- I will not hurt anyone by my words or actions
- I will not be angry and throw tantrums over useless issues
- I will not bear a grudge against anyone even if they have wronged me; I will simply ignore them and move away from them
- I will not get into any kind of argument or debate over trivia; this only increases stress and will not help me in any way
- I will plan out a chart for my daily activities and follow it
- I will take good care of my body and maintain good health so that I can follow my own rules properly. Taking care of my health will include regular sleeping habits, proper diet and good exercise
- I will have an open mind and face adversities with courage and determination
Do you have a set of rules that you follow religiously?
- I will have a positive approach to life; this will help me tide over adversities easily
- I will manage my time well so as to achieve my work goals within a particular time frame
- I will not make excuses for my inconsistencies and shortcomings. I understand that I and I alone am responsible for my life
- I will not brood over the past and waste my precious time; I will also not worry about my future. I will live in the present dealing with the good and the not-so-good events
- I will conscientiously work towards a better environment and a better society
- I will set aside some time in my weekly routine for a self-introspection; this will help me correct my earlier mistakes and lead a better life
- I will make it a point to help people to the extent I can
- Last but never the least I will not give importance to what the others would think about me in relation to my actions. If I am convinced that I am on the right path, I will march on unmindful of the others' opinion.
Do you think we should follow our own rules to make our life better?
My personal belief is that if you stay focused and follow a set of rules that you make for yourself, you would be able to realize any far-fetched dream. I have decided to go over this list of to-do things at the beginning of the day everyday so as to keep me going in the right direction. I am very sure that I will be able to achieve my life's ambitions very soon.
I am certain too that this is not an exhaustive list. There may be many more that you could think of. Why don't you list them out in the comments box so that we will all get to know about more of these to-do things? Thank you.