- Education and Science»
- School & Classroom Etiquette & Social Skills
How to Make Good Friends | Tips to Make Good Friends and Keep It
There is an old saying that goes like this, “To have a friend, be a friend.” Well, it is not always so. There are some selfish people around who’s intention is solely for you to be everything they want you to be. The minute you step out of the role they have designed for you, they will think you are a bad friend.
- Cool Conversation Starter Tips for Every Situation |...
Starting a conversation with strangers can be easy, if you know how to go about it. Here are a few simple and cool conversation starter tips and strategies that I have found useful.
How to Make a Good Friend
1. Common Interest
When you have something in common, you will have a great time together, you will connect better with each other. You will have common topics to discuss and talk about, common interest to invest time together, or common sports to do together. The main point is to allow your common interests to draw you two together.
To find out whether the other person shares common interest, values and beliefs as you, start with small talk. Small talk is a stepping stone to develop new friendship. Small talk on weather, news, movies, etc is a good way to begin a conversation, which can lead to other topics where two people slowly reveal details about their life, personality, preferences and interests.
2. Equal level of Confidence
It helps if you can find a friend who has the same level of confidence as you. Different level of confidence may eradicate any envy or jealousy. It will be especially so if you come from a successful or wealthy background. That may unintentionally attract ill-concealed jealousy towards you. You may also grow skeptical of people’s sincerity. Regardless of their background, friends who are confidence with themselves, and are not affected by your wealth and accomplishment in life, stands better chance to be your long lasting good friend.
3. Going through ups and downs together
Good friends are willing to go through ups and downs together with you. They will stab you in the front, not from the back. They will not leave you when others do. Thomas Fuller said it perfectly well :
“No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend until he is unhappy.”
It is easy to find friends during your up time, but friends worth keeping are those who stand by you during your low time of your life.
“The proper office of a friend is to side with you when you are wrong. Nearly anybody will side with you when you are right.” ~ Mark Twain
- How To Build Sincere and Warm Rapport with Everyone
Everyone is different, with his or her own fears, doubts and insecurities, learnt from their past experiences. These make saying “Hello” to a stranger an enormously difficult task to do. To overcome this barrier, there are nine attributes one can acq
Genuine Friendship Quote
When we truly care for someone, Their mistakes never change our feelings, Because its the mind that gets angry but the heart still Loves them.
Unselfish heart will attract true friends. A friend who often thinks of others first is worth keeping. They will stand by you in good and bad times.
Good friends are someone whom you feel comfortable and safe with. You can share your secrets with her and be sure that it will not get exposed and used against you.
You have found a Truly Good Friend when
- you wish for her presence when you are alone
- the bond is so strong that nothing will break or threaten the friendship
- a fight or misunderstanding will dissolve almost instantaneously
- no issues can be so significant that it will shatter the bond of friendship
- the reasons for the friendship cannot often be explained, but can only be understood and cherished
- she means so much to you that you would stop doing anything when she is in need of you, and be there to lend her a shoulder to cry on, offer her a hug, or spend hours just sitting with her
- she thinks that just being there when you need her is enough to make you feel better.
- years has passed, but the friendship is still growing.
- she knows you as well as you know yourself, and finds it special that you know her just as well.
- She can make you smile through your tears
Special Gifts for Your Good Friends
I'll be Your Friend (Song)
The text and all images on this page, unless otherwise indicated, are owned by Ingenira who hereby asserts her copyright on the material. Permission must be granted by the author in writing prior to copy or republish this article in print or online. However, please feel free to copy the first paragraph with a link back to this page. Thank you.