- Education and Science»
- Psychology & Psychiatry
How to Create Positive Energy in Your Life
National Best Seller
Positive and Negative Energy
Positive energy is a powerful, invisible force. It is an important part of our well-being and success in all aspects of our lives. Positive energy can be absorbed from our friends, family members, and co-workers that we see on a daily basis. It can also be gained when participating in an activity that brings positive feelings; this could be a sport, exercise, book club, or an independent activity such as kayaking. Positive energy can also be encouraged through our senses in a variety of ways.
If you are surrounded by positive energy most of the time, then you are very fortunate. Many children, teens, and adults deal with negative energy continuously, which can have a huge impact on their lives. This negative energy may be present at school, work, and even at home. There are ways to deal with negative energy and to bring more positive energy into your life.
Aromatherapy for Positive Energy
My Positive Space
Creating Positive Energy
- Think positively. Try to see the positive in the every situation and in the people you are around. I worked in an inner city school for 3 years. The first year I worked hard to find the positive in the children, as they were very difficult. The more I focused on the positive, the better I felt, and the more effective I was as a teacher.
- Express positive thoughts. Say positive but genuine things to others. It makes them feel good and it will give you positive feelings as well. When I first began teaching in that inner city school, I found myself constantly saying negative things, as there were so many behavioral issues. I decided to say as many positive things as I could, and even recorded myself to make sure I did. Children responded in positive ways and it truly made the difference.
- Remember one positive thing. Keep a notebook or journal beside your bed. Write down one positive thing that happened to you each day. By the end of the year, you will have 365 positive things to reflect on.
- Create your personal positive space. Find a place you can go every day that makes you feel happy. For me it is my little pond in my backyard. I love to sit there for a while and look at the goldfish and the birds. Sometimes I take my phone with me and call my favorite person, my sister. Your place can be any space that makes you feel positive thoughts.
- Start a hobby or a sport. We did this as children; why did we stop as adults? Whether it is hiking, fishing, walking, beading, painting, cooking, or something else, engaging in an activity that you enjoy, is a great way to increase positive energy.
- Take a yoga class. Yoga is an easy and effective way to achieve positive energy. If you are unable to take a class, do yoga at home. Buy a video or use a televised yoga program. Stretching and breathing are instant feel-good activities.
- Exercise. We all know that exercise relieves stress, but we don't have to pump iron to get the effect. Simply walking with your pet or getting on a bicycle for 15 minutes daily is all you need to do.
- Surround yourself with positive people. Spend more time with people who have positive energy. These are people who are usually optimistic given almost any situation. Being around them will increase your positive energy greatly.
- Read literature that promotes positive energy. Reading about positive energy will give you positive feelings that promote positive energy. The National Best Seller, Positive Energy, is highly recommended by readers. One critique says, "This book is invaluable. I will go as far as to say, YES, EVERY TIME I PICK THIS BOOK UP AND READ A PASSAGE OR TWO, I FEEL BETTER. It is a very energetically uplifting book!"
- Watch videos that promote positive energy. Positive energy can be felt while in a state of relaxation. There are many videos produced to achieve this state of well-being. Watch the videos below to see for yourself.
- Use essential oils. According to YoungLiving.com, "The natural properties found in essential oils produce a soothing, uplifting effect on the mind and emotions which allow for natural stress and depression relief."
Video that Creates Feelings of Inner Peace and Happiness
- Quiz: Do You Have Positive Energy?
Take this quiz to find out whether you have positive energy
- How to Fill Your Life With Positive Energy and Reduc...
Is there too much stress in your life? Do you want a more positive environment? These tips will help you cope and bring positivity to you.
- Go For A Walk On the Beach and Feel Good
The benefits of walking on the beach.