How to study and retain data.
How can you help your brain, to study?
Here are a few easy and simple steps to assure your brain soakes in more of that knowledge. These worked for me when I went to college.
- Make sure you get enough sleep. A tired brain will fight you every step of the way. (It's hard to determine what the right amount of sleep is for each person. The rule of thumb seems to be at least 8 hours.)
- Have a healthy breakfast. (Include some vitamin C and nuts.)
- Recopy your notes. (Read- really read your notes and hand write them in point form.)
- Remember items by word association. (Names and dates come easier if you make-up a bit of a song,poem or rhyme, the sillier the better the chances of recalling the info.)
- Remember to take breaks regularly. At least once every two hours.
- When you start to feel tired and sleepy get up and move around for at least ten minutes. (Do some stretch exercises.)
- Make a cup of tea, add fresh lemon juice and sweeten to taste. Munch away at a trail mix. (Raisins and nuts)
- Have access to cool fresh air. (Warm and stale air can make you sleepy)
Naturally all this studying should happen without any distraction. (Don't try to do your laundry or watch TV at the same time.) Open your mind and let it all seep in.
Hope this works for you and good luck.