Is Facebook another sign of Big Brother 'watching us'?
Facebook is owned by the American Government
And this means that while you are looking for that long lost high school sweetheart, Uncle Sam is watching your every move. He even knows about the wild photos you post of your cat licking you grandmothers'...well, let me just say that they're watching you folks.
I use Facebook (catiously) and I use my Blackberry. I am able to find the phone numbers and addresses of all of the people I call 'friends'. I must admit that i am not really friends with the people I say I am. In fact I am friends of people I don't even know on Facebook.
The US Government is using this software to moniter the social aspect of America that the Census will never see, the truth. I personally think that Uncle Sam should be more forthcoming and just ask, "what do you think about me?" If Facebook is America's way of spying on its kids and peeping into the diaries of its citizens, then its pathetic.
I won't say that I am against the government from owning the site, but my ultimate question is why? So i've comprised a short list of reasons I think the US government owns facebook.
Reasons why the Government owns Facebook:
1. nothing says cool like..."oh, you like Facebook?...I OWN it."
2. uncle Sam thinks Twitter is for gays.
3. Myspace was sold already.
4. George Bush thought Facebook was an Oil Company so he said, "buy, buy, buy!"
5. What else could we do with all this bailout money?
6. In an effort to find Bin Laden, America has sent him a friend request.
7. Because its easier to update your status than it is to have a press conference.
8. Because Facebook was cheaper than fixing California's Budget.
9. Facebook was cheaper than EHarmony.
10. Because the government is old , and old people prove their coolness by buying cool things.