Alphabet Activities for Preschool and Kindergarten Children
Learning the alphabet through a wide variety of alphabet activities can be fun for teachers, parents and children. Everyone can be involved in studying one letter at a time and discovering all the neat things that start with each letter of the alphabet.
A New Book!
Alphamania: An Alphabet Resource for Teachers and Parents is an electronic book (ebook) that allows teachers and parents of two to six-year-old children to explore the world around them in a fun and exciting way by using the alphabet. Children need experiences that involve all the senses. Art, health, safety, science, geography, social studies, history, language arts, mathematics, music and literature are integrated throughout the activities in this book. Directions for projects are easy to read and follow and the materials are basic and inexpensive.
Get your copy here!
- Smashwords - Alphamania: An Alphabet Resource for Teachers and Parents - A book by Cynthia (Cindy) J
Alphamania: An Alphabet Resource for Teachers and Parents is designed to allow teachers and parents of two to six-year-old children to explore the world around them in a fun and exciting way by using the alphabet. Children at this young age need expe
More About Alphamania
Each chapter in Alphamania: An Alphabet Resource for Teachers and Parents is devoted to a letter of the alphabet. Each chapter has seven sections: Crafty Creations, Activities, Tiny Tastes, Special Guests and/or Road Trips, What to Watch, What to Read, Letter Stretchers, Where on Earth is . . .? and Musical Notes.
* Crafty Creations are arts and crafts projects that are simple and inexpensive to make.
* Activities include games and other things to do, both inside and out.
* Tiny Tastes are foods that start with each letter. Some recipes are included.
* Special Guests and/or Road Trips are people and places. Guest speakers and field trips are great ways for children to learn.
* What to Watch are age-appropriate movies, cartoons and TV shows.
* What to Read lists several fun children's books for each letter of the alphabet.
* Letter Stretchers are additional words that start with the letter of the alphabet that could prompt further study, including months of the year, planets and a famous person.
* Where on Earth is . . .? provides a great lesson in geography.
* Musical Notes are lists of songs to sing.
The wide variety of things to do with each letter allows for excitement to continue throughout the alphabet for teachers, parents and students.
About the Author
Cindy A. Johnson has lived in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains in Tennessee since 2006. She loves to read and write, work in her flower and vegetable gardens, feed and watch the birds in the yard, sit on the front porch looking at the mountains and go camping with her husband and teenage son. She also enjoys watching wildlife and playing with her four cats and Australian Shepherd.
Cindy has been writing for more than twenty years. She has had numerous articles published in print magazines and online. Alphamania: An Alphabet Resource for Teachers and Parent is her first book and was inspired by many years of teaching elementary school in Mobile, Alabama.
Other Alphamania Stuff
Resources for Teachers and Parents
- Parents' Guide to the First Day of School
You've done all you can to purchase supplies and prepare your children for the first day of school. What did you forget? You forgot to prepare yourself emotionally for the first day of school and it's hitting you right now!
- Free Children's Books from Dolly Parton's Imagination Library
Dolly Parton's Imagination Library provides free books to children from birth to age five through special community funding. Registration and sponsoring a program are easy.
- Kindergarten - 10 Reasons to Send Your Child
There has always been much debate on whether or not to send children to kindergarten. Ten benefits to going to kindergarten to consider are listed here.