Mercury in Retrograde: April 18, 2010-May 11, 2010
Mercury, the planet of communications, turns retrograde on April 18 at 12°37' in the sign of Taurus. Expect traffic jams, mis-communications, travel mix-ups, missed appointments, lost mail, and even Internet snarls. (The retrograde effects can be felt a few weeks before the peak retrograde period, so be on guard around April 3 ). Mercury will begin to turn direct on May 11, however, things may still be a bit shaky for a few weeks. Everything will finally straighten out around May 28.
- Do not make important decisions during a Mercury retrograde. Thinking will be clouded by misinformation, poor communication, and confusion.
- Never move into a new apartment, it will not work out.
- Do NOT sign any contracts. (If you must, MAKE SURE YOU READ THE FINE PRINT!)
- Make sure your cell phone battery is charged, as well as all other important electronics.
- Take extra precaution in double-checking everything you do.
- Plan ahead, and give yourself extra time- especially when driving or travelling.
- Confirm your appointments ahead of time.
- Back-up important computer files before Mercury turns retro.
- Cars, buses, trains, and airplanes are also affected. (Cars tend to break down, buses will be late, etc.)
- Be careful in all negotiations and trade affairs. Mercury retrograde causes misunderstandings and disrupted or delayed communications.
So what is Mercury Retrograde good for?
- Re-write, Re-view, Re-do, Re-consider... Anything that starts with "re". Mercury Retrograde is a time to look back and re-visit an issue or project that's already been started. It's a good time to re-write a resume or edit (re-do) a paper. Re-pair a leaky faucet or Re-organize your home.
- Paint, garden, or just enjoy some music.Re-lax.
- Call up an old friend. In fact, there's a good chance they'll contact you. Or, an old lover might show up out of the blue. Spend time with family and re-minisce.
Mercury in retrograde is a great time to contemplate and look back. It is an opportunity to go over past projects and finish what you started. It is NOT the time to embark on something new. Something or someone from the past may come back.
***NOTE: There are some folks who find Mercury retrogrades prosperous and beneficial. It is likely that these people were born during a Mercury retrograde cycle. For the rest of us, it is a time to be cautious and plan ahead to avoid any possible mix-ups. If you make the plans ahead of time, it's a great time to take a vacation. (Just be careful getting there :)
- The AstroNet - Mercury in Retrograde
Great video; You may need to let it load for a minute.