Momma Knows: Camp Invention
What is Camp Invention?
Camp Invention is an amazing week-long summer day camp where kids get hands on experience playing with science and creativity. It's open to kids entering 1st through 6th grade and they have so much fun, they don't even know they're learning. At Camp Invention, kids are inspired to express their creativity, work as a team, and create new things out of existing inventions. Before the week is up your child may be spouting off Newton's laws of physics!
Camp Invention is part of a set of initiatives by the National Inventors Hall of Fame's to encourage inventive thinking in America. With the support of the US Patent Office, Camp Invention seeks to inspire a passion for science in kids through hands on projects and creative expression. Camps have been held at schools every summer across the country since 1990. Certified teachers lead the curricula and enthusiastic high school or college students serve as counselors. In 2007, more than 60,000 students will attend Camp Invention in 47 states.
Camp Invention has three different program modules with curricula that match up with national and state education standards. These modules rotate each year so kids can attend the camp again and again getting a new experience each time. For a detailed description of the modules, click on a program:
Here are just a few of the things Camp Invention campers get to do:
- Take apart your old kitchen appliances and use the parts to make their own inventions.
- Take an imaginary trip around the world to deliver secret documents.
- Build communication devices to respond to alien radio signals.
- Dabble in forensic science as crime scene investigators.
- Tap their creativity to invent new games.
- Sing songs!
- Learn about scientific laws and theories.
- Make new friends.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Web: http://www.campinvention.org
Just About Everyone Loves Camp Invention:
Don't take my word for it, click to learn what others are saying about Camp Invention.