Old Sayings That Make You Stop And Think
Old Sayings That Make You Stop And Think,
I don’t know about you? but do you find that these sayings describe life and people.
- · Where there is a will there is a way (or relations lol)
- · All fur coats and no knickers (meaning snobby people or area)
- · All mouth and no action (meaning plenty to say but can’t take it back)
- · Mouth like a sewer rat (meaning swears a lot)
- · Method in your madness (meaning you know what your doing, even though it looks silly)
- · You can’t help those, who wont help themselves (meaning not all people want help or need your help.)
- · Put a beggar on horseback and they will ride to hell (meaning give some one a little power and it will go to their head)
- · You can’t climb a wall of hate, only rise above it (meaning you can’t fight fanatics only ignore them as its a war that will not be won)
- · If you live long enough, and you wait long enough, you will see more than you want to see happen (meaning if some one has been really nasty etc you wont need to attack as some one else will give them their comeuppance for you and you will feel sorry for that person.
- Mean as cats pee in a cellar (meaning a tight fisted person)
- · The pen is mightier than the sword (meaning words hurt more than actions)
These sayings have been around for years in all generations their are hundreds more but these ones I have singled out as I seem to use them more and more.