- Education and Science
One Voice, Four Walls, and Many Listeners
Come on! you can do it.
She was not only a teacher! She was an actress, a scientist, a researcher and most importantly a mother. "Being a teacher is not easy as they think, it is the hardest profession in the world" A teacher said. She mentioned many nights came but she was not able to sleep. How hard is it to see one of your students crying and you cannot do anything about it? How hard is it to be starving! But, you gave your food away to one of your students who does not have food. How hard is it to see your student refusing to go home because he is tired of his parents' fights?
Don't be a teacher if you can't be a mother!
Everyday you feel how happy they are, sometimes how sick and scared they are. You live with them everyday. You help them, stand with them and teach them all what you know till they get their way. They see you smile and sometimes cry. But, they will always love you.
"They are your kids, Can you leave them?"
Don't forget to learn the how to teach them!
How to love your students?
"A good teacher is a teacher who makes the poor student good and the smart student superior"
Every student in your class has something special. He might not be good in your subject but he is great in something else! Believe in him, look at what he can do, show him that you love it and show him that you care too.
Students (specially young ages) love to show the teachers what they can do. Most of them will show you their drawings and some will show you their inventions. Never show them that they are not good enough! Remember, That is the special thing about them!
Be their friend, They will be your miracle!
Year by year you will learn new ways to deal with your students. You will learn that each student has a certain personality and to gain their trust you need to know it. For every teacher, the main goal is to get the information to the student. To do that, there are many strategies that can be followed considering the different personalities and mental skills in class.
Main strategies for every teacher:
- In the beginning of every class, ask your students different questions to get feedback. Evaluate them from their feedback and give required tips if needed.
- Brainstorming: Ask every student one simple question related to the lesson. It helps your students think and remember.
- Make sure every student in your class is active with you somehow. Don't miss out on anyone. If one student was not able to participate give him another chance till you feel he is getting a step forward.
- Never leave your classroom until you gave your students all the information they need and manners they should learn.
- Time Management: One of the main things that every teacher needs to know. For Every part in your class keep a certain time for it to be done. It is better if you have a mini schedule with you and hang it in class.
- Class Discipline: This is very important, you will never be able to give your class properly if you are not able to manage it. Motivate your students. Help them love the subject. Increase the amount of activities in class without risking the tutoring its self and most importantly Keep the group work activated in your class during the activities.
- In your class, give your students sometime to take out their energy if they were very hyper. Give them an assignment. Let them write on their journals or draw whats in their mind. It will help them focus on the lesson later.
- Always Remember, You are what you want them to be. Always be your best.
With all these strategies and all this knowledge, you will be an amazing teacher.