Part 1: Inventions Created by Black Men
DISCLAIMER: This article in no way infers or suggests that there were not other patents for these inventions filed in other countries or by people of other ethnicities or races.
Unfortunately, there are many uneducated, uninformed whites who only see blacks in the context of crime, drugs, violence, and welfare. Even more unfortunately, there are many blacks who are just as uneducated and uninformed about the many major inventions that blacks, descendants of slaves, created and how these great inventions have benefited not only America, but the world.
So, let’s see what an America would look like without inventions created by descendants of slaves. And, just so you know, these are a just a few of them. There are many, many more.
What would America look like without these inventions?
- There would be no cities with skyscrapers because Alexander Mils, a black man, invented the elevator. They would have had to rely soley on stairs.
- There would be few if any cars because Richard Spikes, a black man, invented the automatic gear shift, Joseph Gammell, also black, invented the Supercharge System for Internal Combustion Engines, and Garrett A. Morgan invented the traffic signals.
- There would be no rapid transit system because its precursor was the electric trolley, which was invented by another black man, Elbert R. Robinson.
- The streets would be cluttered with debris because Charles Brooks, invented the street sweeper.
- There would be few if any newspapers, magazines and books because John Love invented the pencil sharpener, William Purvis invented the fountain pen, Lee Burridge invented the Type Writing Machine and A. Lovette invented the Advanced Printing Press.They were all black.
- The world would not be able to transport letters, articles and books by mail because William Barry invented the Postmarking and Canceling Machine, William Purvis invented the Hand Stamp and Phillip Downing invented the Letter Drop.
- The lawns would be brown and wilted because Joseph Smith invented the
Lawn Sprinkler and John Burr, the Lawn Mower.
- Homes would be poorly ventilated and poorly heated because Frederick Jones invented the Air Conditioner and Alice Parker the Heating Furnace.
- Homes would also be dim because Lewis Latimer invented the Electric Lamp, Michael Harvey invented the Lantern, and Granville T. Woods invented the Automatic Cut off Switch.
- Homes would also be filthy because Thomas W. Steward invented the Mop and Lloyd P. Ray, the Dustpan.
- Children would be barefooted, shabby, motley and unkempt because Jan E. Matzelinger invented the Shoe Lasting Machine, Walter Sammons invented the Comb, Sarah Boone invented the Ironing Board, and George T. Samon invented the Clothes Dryer.
- Food would spoil because John Standard invented the refrigerator.
Why does it matter?
The next time you get on an elevator, drive a car, ride on a train or trolley, stop at a traffic light, or see a street sweeper, use a pencil sharpener, use a typewriter, fountain pen or sharpen your pencil or get something printed on a printing press, mail a letter, or turn on a lawn sprinkler, or feel the cool air from an air conditioner, or turn on an electric lamp or light a lantern, mop your floor, use a dust pan, comb your hair, use an ironing board, or use a clothes dryer, or open a refrigerator…know that these inventions were the creations of black men whose patents were purchased by white businessmen who took credit for producing these products but gave no credit to the men who invented them.
Be in the know. Read, discuss, think, be informed, and share what you learn with others to create a society of well-informed citizens armed with facts and knowledge. Don’t be braindead or brainwashed.
More Inventions by Black Inventors
- Accurate Weather Forecasting
- Air Condition
- Automatic Traffic Signal
- Blood Banks (and established them around the world)
- Cellular Phone
- Clothes Dryer
- Clothes Wringer
- Dust Pan
- Egg Beater
- Electric Railway Trolley
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Open Heart Surgery
- Folding Bed
- Fountain Pen
- Gas Mask
- Hair brush
- Heating Furnace
- Ironing Board
- Kitchen table
- Lawn Mower
- Lemon Squeezer
- Letter Drop Mailbox
- Light Bulb Filament
- Portable X-ray machine
- Programmable Remote Control
- Range Oven
- Security System
- Spark Plug
- Street Sweeper
- Sugar Refining System
- Telephone (superior to Alexander Graham Bell’s version)
- Ticket Dispensing Machine
- Trolley Car