- Education and Science»
Principal Parts Vapor Compression Refrigeration System
The principal parts of a simple vapor compression refrigeration system shown are given below.
· Evaporator: Its function is to provide a heat transfer surface through which heat can pass from the refrigerated space into the vaporizing refrigerant.
· Suction Line: It carries the low pressure vapor from the evaporator to suction inlet of the compressor.
· Compressor: The function of the compressor is to draw refrigerant vapor from the evaporator and to raise it temperature and pressure to such a pri9nt to that it may be easily condensed with normally available condensing media. It also maintains a continuous flow of the refrigerant through the system.
· Discharge Line: It conveys the high pressure and high temperature refrigerant from the compressor to the condenser.
· Condenser: The function of the condenser is to provide a heat transfer surface through which heat passes from the refrigerant to the condensing medium which is either water or air.
· Liquid Receiver : It acts as a reservoir which stores the liquid refrigerant coming from the condenser and supplies it to the evaporator according to the requirement.
· Liquid Line: It carries the liquid refrigerant from the receiver and convey it to the expansion valve.
· Expansion valve: Its function is to supply a proper amount of refrigerant to the evaporator after reducing its pressure considerably so that the refrigerant may be take sufficient amount of heat from the refrigerating space during evaporation.