Qualities of a Good Teacher in Education
Importance of Education
Education plays a very important role in each and every individual’s life. Being educated is very important. Education is what you give to your next generation and so on. Through education we gain knowledge, learn various skills, learn values and learn how to respect others. Education helps us in understanding what is right and what is wrong for us. Education makes a man right thinker and a correct decision maker. If you are educated then you can face this world with confidence and courage, will become self-dependent and can adjust yourself with the rapidly changing society.
There is no age for education and getting education is very important to be a good citizen and moreover, a good human being. Some adults feel that if they learn something at this age, others will make fun of them; but seriously education does not have any age limit. You can learn at any age. Adult education has become common in many countries. It takes on many forms, ranging from formal class-based learning to self-directed learning and e-learning.
Roles of a Teacher
Teachers and parents play a great role in imparting the right education to the children. A teacher is a person who provides knowledge and guidance. Teacher is considered as the second parent who thinks best for the growth, development and future of the child. A teacher guides us in choosing the right path in life, helps us develop a positive approach, and makes us capable in understanding the rights and wrongs of life. More than anything else, a teacher is responsible for the progress of the child.
Qualities of a Good Teacher
Though all teachers are good but there are some qualities which make them the best. Some of the qualities of a good teacher are:
- A good teacher must enjoy teaching the subject rather than taking it as a burden.
- A good teacher must be capable to answer questions and resolve queries.
- A good teacher is the one who makes a boring topic interesting to read and to learn.
- A good teacher must also be able to teach what is not written in the book. For example, he/she should be able to quote some real life examples for explaining a topic rather then giving only those examples that are written in the book.
- A good teacher is the one who makes a good bonding between himself/herself and the students.
- Creativity, presentation skills and a good sense of humor are very important for a good teacher to possess.
A teacher must undergo a proper training prior to start teaching which is very necessary for him/her to have a right approach and right attitude towards teaching.
Learn more qualities of a good teacher from the below links.
- Is Modern Style Education System really Required?
In the olden days, schools were there to educate the child, but now they are simply running a business to attract parents. Indian education system is changing and most schools have started adopting western style teaching methods.