:Extra Psychedelic Activities: How to Shroom Safely
Before we go on, I feel it pertinent to make sure you understand that shrooms can be dangerous. There have not generally been any reports of shroom poisoning, though shrooms can put you in a whole different kind of trouble then you are used to. Because of this, I am in no way suggesting that you should or should not continue to learn about shrooms. You make that decision at your own risk =)
If you're gong to do them anyway....
As with many things in this life, sometimes you just decide you want to have a new experience, regardless of what others think or what risks may be involved. So if you are going to them anyway, at least make sure you are informed of your local laws, as well as of the effects of shrooms.
Knowledge is power, while ignorance is weakness, and with shrooms, any chance for weakness is an opportunity for something to go wrong. Be as safe as you can be; empower yourself by learning everything you can about your next great adventure.
Step 1: Shroom Sitter
First and foremost, you should always make sure that you have a Shroom Sitter available when you plan to take your trip. This is important because your Sitter will have the job of staying sober and maintaining the peace throughout your trip. They are there in case anything doesn't go according to plan, to prevent anyone from freaking out or getting hurt, and to get assistance if anyone does get hurt.
Without them there, you are likely to scare yourself into thinking you need medical or mental attention, and calling undue attention onto yourself. A Sitter can help keep you calm, and redirect you back to shroomer appropriate activities when needed.
It's best if you have an experienced shroom sitter, who understands the role very well, but if nothing else, you just need to make sure your shroom sitter will stay with you for the next 12 to 24 hours, and that they will not intoxicate themselves with anything while sitting for you.
Step 2: Set & Setting
First coined by Timothy Leary, your "Set & Setting" are your mindset and environmental/social setting. A proper set & setting ensures that your trip will go smoothly and result in a pleasant experience. If you don't have a great Set & Setting, it could result negatively, and you really don't want to know what that's like.
In order to make sure you have a great Set & Setting, try these tips:
- Always having at least one shrooming partner, but not more than 6 in a group.
- Make sure you trust and accept everything about your shrooming partners, don't shroom with strangers or people who upset you in anyway. Avoiding people with normal mood swings is also appropriate.
- Shroom in a place you are super comfortable in, that you know well. Your bedroom or living room will work well.
- Put away any scary movies, video games or music that bother you when your sober.
- Make sure that all your responsibilities are taken care of for at least 24 hours.
- Take a week before you plan to shroom, and clear out your proverbial closet. Deal with any mental, emotional or physical stresses or problems that have been bugging you lately.
- Before shrooming, put away all forms of communication with anyone outside of your direct vacinity. Phones, computers, pda's, ipads, etc... Only your sitter should have access to these devices.
- Do not take shrooms if you are not absolutely sure and positive about taking them. Also, don't let anyone coerce you into taking them, and don't coerce anyone else into taking them.
Step 3: Shroomy Activities
If you are a novice, you might try some shroomer appropriate activities like:
- Play Dough
- Card Games
- Board Games
- Playing an instrument
- Movies you've already seen
Shroomer appropriate activities for the more experienced:
- Star Gazing
- Dream Walking
- Playing video games
- Going into your backyard
The main idea, is to start with activities that are simple and very low maintenance. I can guarantee you that you will not be unhappy with this method. Shrooms tend to make everything more complicated and interesting then they would be normally. There are plenty of things you can do, but just make sure not to go outside of your comfort or experience zone to far. This is where the worst mistakes are made.
Step 4: Mushrooms Don't Mix
Mushrooms DO NOT mix well with other substances. They either cancel out the other substance you're trying to take, or they combine and create a horrible experience. So please do yourself a favor and do not drink, take drugs or mix other psychedelics with shrooms.
Step 5: Research and Be Prepared
Shrooms have been around since before human time, and they deserve our respect before we involve ourselves with them. You can best show your respect by doing everything you can to learn about shrooms and safe shrooming. When you are prepared for the decisions you make in life, they become positive experiences which can benefit you and everyone else around you, instead of becoming more horror stories that put the blame on the wrong beings.
When more positive experiences are shared in this world, we all go on to become bigger and better people with the wisdom to use our liberties wisely. With more wisdom comes more freedom and less fear that leads to prohibitions of extrasensory activities such as shrooms. Prohibitions come from fear of the unknown. Don't contribute to that fear by being unsafe.
Research & Be Prepared.
You can get much more information about safe shrooming for this handy e-guide:
Use special code LX94A at checkout to get this e-guide for only .99 Cents until January!