Ten reasons to walk to school
1. Less traffic around the school, so kids are safer.
2. Fewer idling cars = less pollution = healthier air for the kids.
3. You save gas and money (technically, that's two reasons).
4. If you spill your coffee, you won’t stain your car upholstery.
5. Your dog will thank you.
6. Your waistline will thank you.
7. Your kid might actually talk to you while you’re walking.
8. You’re encouraging your kids to be active.
9. You will notice things you can’t see from a car – the sunrise, the neighbor’s pomegranate tree, a bird’s nest.
10. Fresh air and sunshine.
Go on....give it a try.
- No Idling, Please - How to create a no-idling zone a...
Information about the effects of idling cars and buses on the environment and children's health. How to start an idling reduction campaign at your school.
- Creating wildlife habitats at your school
Attract wildlife to your school with natural habitats.
- Green Schools - Starting Your Green Team
How to start a green team at your school. Taking the first step towards more sustainable school practices.
Note: All text and photos are property of the author and cannot be reused without permission.