The Effects of Human Trafficking on Women
Human Trafficking, the modern day slavery is a scourge affecting every community across the world. Various reports show that over two million people are trafficked across the world. Majority of victims are women and children. However, it has been found that half of victims are children.
Human traffikcing affects women in various ways. Once a woman is caught in this act, she lives her life in eminent fear. the most tragic part is that victims do not know that there is help available.
Women are either forced into prostitution or made to work for no pay. The situation becomes worse for a woman if she gets pregnant and have children.
Some of the effects of human trafficking in women are:
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Risk of contracting sexually transmitted diseases such as HIV
- Work with little or no pay
- Threat of diportation if the traffikcing destination is different from their country of origin
- Their child or children may end up with the traffikced and be trafficked
- Physical abuse, beating and rape
To find out where to call in your home country, click on this link http://www.state.gov/g/tip/rls/other/2009/121161.htm
For those in the United States, victims or anyone who wants to help a victim can call the human traffikcing National Hotline at 1.888.373.8888 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 1.888.373.8888 end_of_the_skype_highlighting