The Rule in Dining Table
I don't know whether this is my soul as a teacher. I want to share something useful for others. And the soul of teacher is share the knowledge in the class or out side the class. I don’t have a problem when my student is smart than me. At this moment the patience of teacher will be tested. I don’t want to be idealist person, who hold the opinion and never receive other opinion although that is proven and 100% good for me. Why I write this as an opening for this hub. Because my work is a teacher, but I also give the moral lesson to my student. I never stop to remind again. This era totally different with the past, when the children also respect the parents, obey the rules, doing what the parents said (in goodness).
Like yesterday, I teach about the moral in the family. What we should we do when we are having dinner together. This is become my inspiration to write about “ The rule in the dining table” My message to my student about they have to be polite when eating with their family. And this is more complex with many descriptions and covers a wider scale. I hope by this hub, it remind us about the rule in the dining table. Maybe this tradition will lost when we don’t keep it well. There is a good culture in here, not only for table manner.
- Don’t talk when you eat. This is the basic rule of eating.
- Don’t made a sound while chewing food. though, sounded less enjoyable. this is very rude. The others will be disturbed by this noise.
- Don't laugh loudly. If there;s something funny try use a smile. if you can’t stop to laugh, immediately shut your mouth with your hand or all the food will come out of your mouth.
- You can wear a powder or lipstick. But don’t do it in the dining table, this is like inappropriate impression. Better you ask first or permission to leave the table and doing this in the toilet.
- Don’t scrape your teeth with a finger or a toothpick. if your teeth to be cleaned with a toothpick, cover your mouth with the palm of your hand. so that others can’t see what you are doing.
- Finicking. We have to decide what food will we take, before touching. Do not take the food, and then changed our mind and replaced with another piece. This can make other people lost their appetite.
- Do not make eating and drinking equipment noisy. This may make others upset. So, be careful.
- Don’t put the napkin in the neck. Especially if you're wearing a dress. if a napkin provided on the table, grab and fold become a triangle form. after that put it on the thigh.
- Put a spoon and fork crossed if the food has been eaten, as well as knives and forks. When used the European style, spoons and forks are placed side by side and placed sideways on the plate.
- Don’t fill your mouth full with food. Even if you feel very hungry at that time. And the impression is not good. So, don’t let it happen with you.
- Tasting food. It’s okay. But don’t take from others plate. These people would be upset and feel disgusted because your dirty hand in their plate. They felt uncomfortable.
- Don’t take the food by hand. It look dirty, unless provided spoon or fork to pick it up..
- Use the special spoon when you want to taste the gravy food. Don’t use your mouth.
- Don’t suck the drink until the end with noisy. especially for drink containing ice cubes.
- Placed the napkins that had been used on the edge of the plate and fold it neatly. don't put it on dirty dishes.
- Don't fight over when taking food. let the host or older to take the food first.
- Lift the cup and the base also, when served tea or coffee, don’t only lift the cup.
Don’t leave the table until the host or the person who invited you to leave the table first.
If you want go to the toilet or bathroom, ask first or permission before leave the table.
- Don’t answer the phone if you invited dinner. Better turn off the phone, unless you waiting the emergency calls. Tell the host first.
Don’t smell the food. smell the food is a bad habit, especially if your nose stuck to the food.
If the food wasn't delicious. please act like casual. don't make other people hurt. if you are asked to add the food, said. "enough", that’s the good word.
If you don’t accidentally eat chilies and felt spicy. shut your mouth with a napkin and drink immediately. And then, you can notify the host that there was chilies in the food that wasn’t intentionally ingested.
I hope with good behavior, we more accepted in society. And we more accepted in our family. By learning from simple things, we'll get something valuable that we never expected. An easy way to learn is "learning by doing". By making observations on around us, even to imitate the goodness things. It will give a big influence for us. The example is the behavior in the dining table, Like I said before this is not only a table manner. But contain social effect. I hope this hub useful for us.
You can also read:
For some people hotel is the place to have fun. And for others , hotel is the last choice for take a rest. Outside the main goal we go to hotel is we want comfortable place. To get the comfortable , there is a rule we have to know. And we must doing that and sometimes we have to obey these rule.