- Education and Science»
- Psychology & Psychiatry
The Subconscious Multiverse We Reside In
"The eyes are the windows to the soul" - Aldous Huxley
The Subconscious Mind
As far as we are aware, the most powerful thing we know of in the entire universe is the human mind or more specifically, the subconscious aspect of the human mind. That is, if we exclude the universe itself (or God).
Because the conscious mind and the subconscious operate together as part of one system, they are technically not separate from each other. The subconscious is extremely powerful and has the power to amaze us with it's astounding and sometimes surreal capabilities.
A common misconception is that we only use 10% of our brain's true capacity. However, this is a myth. We actually use a lot more than this with various different parts of the brain active at various different times. Additionally, it's important to distinguish the difference between the mind and the brain - they are not the same thing. The brain is physical, the mind is ethereal.
According to evolutionary biologist and author of The Biology Of Belief, Dr Bruce Lipton, the subconscious mind is a million times more powerful than the conscious mind and conscious thought accounts for approximately 5% of our thinking whereas unconscious thought takes up the other 95%.
When utilized properly, the power of the human subconscious mind can draw specific minor details from our memories, it can piece fragments of puzzles together without our awareness to work out the bigger picture, it can understand perfectly the meaning of dreams and it can even understand the meanings of words that we may have never heard before in our lives, or words of a foreign language that we may not be familiar with.
"How is that possible?" I hear you ask.
The answer to this may lie in several fields, the most relevant of which are Quantum Physics, New Thought philosophy, Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), parapsychology and most notably Jungian psychology - also note that most of these fields have been officially discredited. However, such fields of research have led on to the development of what has become known as Noetic Science, or the emerging science of consciousness. Quantum physics is now at a point where it seems to be tying several aspects of these various fields together very neatly to explain the true nature of what we perceive as reality.
NLP and both mainstream psychology and science acknowledge that all perception, whether real or imagined, happens in the mind.
Additionally, the subconscious mind is incapable of distinguishing between reality and fiction whereas the conscious mind has an information filter (known as the critical faculty) which decides what information is true and what information is not true based on our values, beliefs and past experiences.
Hypnotists utilize this principle by relaxing the conscious mind (and therefore also relaxing and bypassing the critical faculty) and allowing the subconscious to take over.
Our eyes, ears, nose, etc. are simply just the external parts of our bodies responsible for receiving communications. Our eyes absorb light waves which are then decoded by the brain which tells us what to 'see' whereas our ears absorb sound waves which are then also decoded by the brain which tells us what to 'hear'. Everything we see, hear, smell, taste or feel occurs within the mind, essentially forming an internal map of our external reality.
This is explained in NLP with representational systems, submodalities and the presupposition, "the map is not the territory". Quantum mechanics also explains how the universe as we perceive it is a mental construct and not the other way round.
In this respect, our perception of reality can be considered to be a holographic projection determined collectively by our minds, which would mean that the universe itself is a hologram and that our brains are just computational receivers and transmitters of information made up of nothing more than waves of vibrational frequencies (energy).
When the doors of perception are cleansed, man will see things as they truly are.— Aldous Huxley
Everybody has their own unique interior holographic map of reality based on their own subjective experiences in life.
Just as no two people's DNA or fingerprints are the same, no two people's experiences are the same, they are all unique, meaning that each and every individual person is experiencing their own unique individual reality - they are experiencing their own unique universe which applies specifically to them and to them only.
This would then mean that the universe is made up of each of our own unique smaller universes that we each individually experience, essentially making the entire universe as we collectively perceive it to be, not actually a universe but rather, a multiverse which is a projection of the collective unconscious.
© 2017 Sparkster Publishing