Culture and Job Opportunities in Nashua NH
Greater Boston Area
Just about 40 minutes by car and 35 miles from the border of Boston, Nashua on the Merrimack River is the second largest city in New Hampshire. It is also Number 94 on Money.com's list of the Top 100 Best Places to Live in Amerca.
With a population near 90,000 people, Nashua has been included New Hampshire's southern economic projects as an important part of the larger Boston area. It's been named a Best Place to Live in America several times, as well as one of the safest American cities. Textiles as a foundation of economy have largely been replaced with technology in Nashua with such organizations as the Nashua Corporation (PCs and disks), BAE Systems, and Hewlett-Packard.
Helping all this along is the ongoing economic development and rebuilding in the older downtown area of the city, a set of projects undertaken my many cities in order to continue to grow. New downtown residences, commercial companies, entertainment venues, and various dining places are increasing yearly. The Nashua River is also in tight focus for development into a prestigious waterfront.
Across the city and state borders of Boston MA, Nashua on the Merrimack River is the second largest city in New Hampshire.
Nashua on the Merrimack River
Home Of Jack Kerouac
Jack Kerouac and Connections in Nashua
Author and poet of the Beat Generation, Jack Kerouac was born in Massachusetts in the town of Lowell, a few miles southeast of Nashua, New Hampshire (see map below). He was a colorful character with a long and complex backstory that began writing about his own life at age 12. His 1957 On The Road became one of the Time Magazine 100 Best All Time Novels.
The Kerouac family grave site is located in Nashua and books listed below trace the Kerouac family lineage from French Canadian origins to New England, specifically Lowell and Nashua.
Lowell MA celebrates Kerouac's birthday and work and connects visitors with tours to the nearby Nashua locations relevant to the celebrations,
Nashua New Hampshire Metro Area
Additional Local Cities
- Working in Manchester NH - Insurance, Health...
It is amazing the number of high paying jobs that are available in this part of New Hampshire and the fact that Citizens Bank allows employees three months paid leave to do community service volunteering. It is a good place to live and work.
- High Demand Jobs in Waltham MA to 2030
Waltham, Massachusetts is ranked as America's Number 28 Best City out of 100 top cities to make your home. Ratings were published by Money Magazine online in 2010. A few miles south of Waltham is Newton...
- Hot Jobs in Milton MA - Healthcare and Insurance
At least 57, 000+ job listings were available online in the autumn of 2009 within 25 miles of city center for Milton, Massachusetts. At the end of June 2010, the figure was 78,000 jobs. Additional jobs are...
Downtown Nashua in 1905
- Anheuser-Busch Companies
Tours of Anheuser Busch
- Canobie Lake Park
- City Arts Nashua
- Haunted House & Halloween Event in Nashua, NH | New Hampshire Haunts & MA
Fright Kingdom Haunted House & Halloween Event in Nashua, NH. Amazing detail and very professional sets are what makes us unique. Our 'FrightKingdom' is guaranteed to please both the eye, and your thrill for fear factor! We are one of the prime N
- Nashua Community Concert Association
- The Nashua National Fish Hatchery is located in Nashua, NH and is part of the Northeast Region U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service
- Nashua River Rail Trail, Massachusetts Biking Trails
Nashua River Rail Trail Rail Trails Washington Dc Biking Virginia Bike Trails Virginia
Great Anerican Downtown
Nashua Transit began as the Nashua Horse Drawn Railroad back in 1886.
Mass transit is made available in Nashua NH by the Nashua Transit System, also called NTS and CityBus, with 10 fixed routes and a dedicated After 7 evening system. City Lift serves senior citizens and ADA eligible individuals..
This system was named one of the 10 Most-Improved Transit Systems in America in the mid 2000s by Metro Magazine. In addition, NTS offers specially dedicated ADA paratransit for the disabled population and anyone over 60 years old, called City Lift. The company has been in business since 1886, when they ran horse-drawn trolleys, and now has Markie the Meerkat as its mascot. When you visit the website, you can use its Google Route Planning service as well.
In Nashua, military veterans, those ages 60 and over, and those with Medicare cards are considered Honored Citizens and charged a bus fare of only 50 cents.
Nashua Municipal Airport in Nashua NH and Manchester-Boston Municipal Airport in Manchester NH service the local area.
TRAINS AND LIGHT RAIL
Boston's Massachusetts Bay Transportation company operates buses and trains as well as subways and light rail lines in and out of Boston and surrounds. One rail line runs from Boston to nearby Lowell MA, and the company plans to extend it all the way to Nashua. This will add to Nashua's ability to transport a growing population down the line all the way to Boston for work, entertainment, and shopping.
South Station, Boston
Largest Local Employers in Nashua NH
- Southern New Hampshire Health
- St. Joseph Hospital and Trauma Center
- BAE Systems
- BAE Systems - Info and Electronics division
Major Hiring Companies
- Faulkner Hospital
- Dell Computers
- Genesis Healthcare
- Mit Lincoln Laboratory
- BAE Systems
- Elliot Hospital
- University of Massachusetts,Lowell
- Beyondtek IT
- Red Hat
- Winchester Hospital
Top 10 Hot Jobs
- Physical Therapists
- Dental Assistants
- Office Managers
- Software Engineers
- Staples Technology
- Occupational Therapists
- Administrative Assistants
- Front Desk Clerks
- Pharmacy Technicians
- Registered Nurses (RNs)
- Project Managers
- Sales Representatives
- Physician Assistants/Nurse Practitioners
- Windows Vmware Administrators
- Customer Service Representatives (CSRs)
- Dental Lab Technicians
- Assistant Managers
- Event Specialists
Local Employment Forecasts to 2016
In By February 2015, Nashua enjoyed 59,000 job listings, compared with the February 2011 figure of 33,000 jobs within a distance of 25 miles of city center.
The highest demand jobs in the area that are high-wage and require trained skills are in the following list, according to the Boston Labor information departments.
Job titles below listed in bold text have been in high demand since 2010..
- Retail Salespersons
- Information and Record Clerks
- Health Diagnosing and Treating Practitioners
- IT Leaders
- Computer Specialists
- Truck Drivers with CDL Licenses
- Business Operations Specialists
- Registered Nurses (RNs)
- Dentists and Assistants
- Financial Specialists and Clerks
Higher Education Opportunities
- Daniel Webster College: Private College in Nashua, New Hampshire -- Nashua, New Hampshire. Daniel Webster College is a private college. Programs include Business, Management, Computer Sciences, Engineering, and Social Sciences.
- Hesser College -- in Manchester. Career oriented training, hands-on training, and a wide variety of occupational fields.
- Nashua Community College
- Rivier College - A Catholic College in Nashua, NH Offering Liberal Arts & Professional Programs -- Founded by the Sisters of the Presentation of Mary, Rivier College in Nashua is a 4-year coed Catholic College with programs in liberal arts education at undergraduate and graduate levels.
- St Joseph Academic Center
- Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU)
© 2011 Patty Inglish