- Education and Science
What it Takes to Succeed in the New Year
Characteristics of Successful People
A new year, a new beginning. What will it take to achieve greater success in the new year?
1. Have a CAN-DO attitude. We will face bigger and bigger challenges. Bigger challenge translates into bigger success. We can do it and we will make make it happen.
2. Take Massive action. When we see the opportunities, we seize it quickly and implement the ideas without delay. No time to over-plan. Perfect it along the way. Get started quickly. Take action. You might try 10 projects and only succeed. It is ok because it takes 10 to find 1 good one.
3. Aim High. We aim higher and higher and we expect more of ourselves. Raise the bar. Seek improvement in every area of our performance. We expect nothing but the best of ourselves. Good is not good enough.
4. Plan. Break the project into bite size. That is how we eat an elephant. Have a goal, translate the goal into tasks, give a deadline and keep record of the progress.
5. Be Decisive. Think fast and decide quickly. Money loves speed. Too slow and someone else gonna do what you've been thinking of doing. The windows of opportunity is only for a brief moment before it shuts.
6. Sacrifice. Achievers work hard at their dreams while others are still dreaming in their beds. To succeed we have to make sacrifice. Less TV time perhaps. Saying no to doing things that do not contribute to their goals. Sacrifice short term gratification for long term gain. Stay focus.
7. Take Hardship. Achievers have the capacity to take hardship, to sweat it out , and to press on when the going get tough. It brings the grit in them. They love a good fight. They take pleasure in pressure and the pain knowing that the victory is sweeter. Why climb a hill when they climb a mountain? They love to take on challenges and to bring out the best in themselves.
8. Desire for Excellence. Achievers are not satisfied with their status quo. They want to do better than themselves. They want to be the best of the best, to be at the top, to be No #1. They are enthusiastic and passionate about what they do. Their work energies them.
Cultivate these attributes and the forces of success will be with you, Warrior!
Sam Choo is an internet marketing coach at http://conversationwithsam.com