- Education and Science
When Things Goooooo HELTER SKELTER!
WHEN THINGS GO..............................QUITE AWRY
It's Hitting The Fan- And IT's QUITE Noisome
Sometimes, life is indeed beautiful and heavenly- full of pleasantries and wonders. However, there are days in one's life where one just wonder if something wicked this way comes so to speak. Yes, there are days where everything that is totally odious is hitting the fan. Everything bad that you imagine could happen is actually happening. You feel as if someone put a dark curse on you and is laughing to himself/herself. You moan and curse loudly but no one is listening.
You are now wondering what have done to deserve this wretched horror. Remember the old adage when it rain, it pours. Well, this is not merely a proverbial downpour, it is downright frighteningly torrential. What you are experiencing is akin to a proverbial monsoon. You are being inundated with the ultimate middle finger. Everywhere it seems that you are having bad and worse luck. You are receiving whammies left and right.
You are now wondering what in the hell is occurring. Well, this is YOUR day so to speak but in a quite You are now wondering what in the hell is occurring. Well, this is YOUR day so to speak but in a quite inauspicious way. You are under a dark cloud. It seems that each time you look around, something quite ominous is happening to you every which way but up.
There are bad days but this is the MOTHER of all bad days. Remember when you had a slightly bad day and you stated what could possibly be worse than this. Well, NOW you know. You have encountered the ULTIMATE of bad days. Just when you thought it could not possibly be worse, it is. How is my synopsis of the 8 things that signify that you are having the worst of all possible days.
(1) You have been fired from your job. This is bad enough as it is. You then apply for unemployment. Upon investigation from the unemployment counselor, your supervisor has relayed some quite damning information regarding your work history and the reason you were fired. Now, you cannot receive your unemployment check.
You think to yourself if you had the unemployment check, at least that would tide you over for a year or so until you get on your feet again. Another bonus to this is that you have only 3 months savings amounting to $2,000.00. You are not quite frantic. On top of being fired, having no employment checks, and 3 months savings, your cooperative board has decided to raise the rent 30%. You are in a deep morass to say the least.
(2) You have a new supervisor. To say that this new supervisor does not like you is putting it mildly. It is more apt to say that he/she hates you and either wants you out of his/her unit or he/she wants to fire you. You sense this and are what seems to be your best behavior but to no avail. No matter what you do, this new supervisor finds fault with it. He/she is looking for ways to get rid of you in ONE way or ANOTHER.
Now, you are given assignments that NO ONE in his/her right mind would take. However, this assignments are choiceless choices. YOU cannot refuse to do the assignments. You do not want to give the new supervisor further ammunition in the fire. So you do the tedious assignments without complaint. You think that you do everything perfectly and are scrupulous to detail. Nevertheless, this new supervisor still wants to bid you good bye. Everyone knows what the new supervisor is planning in YOUR case..........well,.everyone except ..........YOU.
(3) You bump into your high school nemesis whom you have not seen in 16 years. You reluctantly exchange a few words. You thought your life was somewhat fantastic. Humdrum but still okay. However, your high school nemesis who picked on you and was a barely average student while you were an honor student, is a highly successful information systems entrepeneur. He/she is now very attractive. Attractive is now an understatement in this case.
This nemesis is now stunningly handsome/beautiful while you are just, well, eh. As he/she is talking about how fantastic his/her life is, you wonder what FATES made this former lacksadaisical student a multimillionaire with the world at his/her touch while you, the good student, are well, not even in the extreme upper echelon of middle class. Hell, you are at least four paychecks away from homelessness. As he/she is talking, you want to seriously strangle him/her and curse your fate. Why, why, why you ask.
(4) You are scheduled to go a trip to a location that you have always dreamt of. Then, at the last minute, you were noticed that this trip was cancelled; however, there is another, less desirable location. You decide to go to that location because you do not want the hassle regarding refunds. You are psyched about the trip nevertheless.
The transportation is bad enough but you shrug it off, stating that the trip will get better with time. Oh no, it does not. In fact, the trip takes a turn for the worse. Your airline is stranded for at least 4 hours circling the sky. There is no information forthcoming as to the reason the airplane is stranded. Now, after 5 hours, the airplane is in operation again. You now at the airport terminal to catch a cab to your destination. When you approach the destination, it is ghastly to say the least. You now have second thoughts. The hotel is a virtual dump and everything is going to hell from here. You are really in waist deep to say the least.
(5) You have the perfect date-from HELL that is. As you enter into a conversation with this person, you realize that you are complete diametrical opposites albeit in the worse way imaginable. However, you do not want to break off the date as you were brought up to consider this rude. So you go along and be coldly cordial, thinking that he/she will get the hint and break it off himself/herself before things become deeper.
But he/she does not get the hint and starts to actually like you. The feeling is not mutual in this case. The "restaurant" he/she takes you to is a cheap diner and the food is gagable to say the least. He/she has no money on him/her and YOU have to pay for the "dinner." He/she never apologized for the lack of money nor thanked you for paying for the dinner.
Now, to add insult to injury, he/she wants to see you within a week. You are nauseous at this point. You look quite nonplussed. You make an excuse that your uncle is coming to visit, thinking that he/she will NOW realize that you are NOT interested in him/her. He/she seems elated and actually wants to meet the uncle. He/she kisses you goodnight, stating that HE/SHE will see you next week. What are YOU to do?
(6) You have just received a check for $12,000.00. You are, of course, elated for the money has come in quite handy. You have plans of what to do with this money. You have been anticipating an overseas trip and a possible renovation for your apartment in addition to saving the rest. You are on top on the world.
Oh no, you receive some mail. It is from IRS stating that based upon past records, you now owe $6,500.00 in back taxes. You are floored. There is more...............now, you owe $3,000.00 in local back taxes. This is not finished yet. There are bills, bills, and more bills. By the time you have finished paying your bills and back taxes, you only have $1,500.00 left. You are not as elated as you once were, now are you.
(7) You have ordered an item online. You have been noticed of a feasible delivery date in addition to the delivery company. The date has come and there is no delivery. You contacted the company. The customer service representative at the said company advised you to check with the delivery company.
When you checked with the delivery company, it was discovered that it was not only sent to the wrong address but it was also sent to a different state. You are now feeling quite murderous right now. You call the customer service representative to notify him/her of this. He/she states that there is absolutely nothing he/she can do as the item was shipped and delivered. You explain to the customer service representative ad infinitum but to no avail. You then contact the supervisor who repeated what the customer service representative stated. You feel as if you are going in circles. You now contact the delivery company and the customer service representative there gives you the same song and dance. You see RED, dark bloody red.
(8) There is a black out. You are downtown in your particular city and/or town. You are at least 10 miles away from home. The only mode of transportation is a few taxis. Each time you try to get a taxi, there are full. You do this for a hour. You realize that YOU had better get home before it gets dark.
You are walking and you see an empty police car. You ask for assistance and the police staff tersely tell you that they cannot help you and you are on your own. You walk for what it seems to be an eternity and you are now 5 miles away from home. You suddenly saw a bus; however, it is filled to capacity. You do not care and you push your way in. Within ten blocks, someone decides to throw a rock at the bus which disables one of the wheels thus putting the bus out of service. You wait until another bus, decides to come along. You wait for what seems to be hours. It is now pitch black, you have no choice but to wait. This is the pits.
All of us have days which can described as horrifically abysmal. Life can range from being quite sumptuous to utterly dismal. There is no escaping it no matter how hard we wish to. The pitfalls in life oftentimes teaches us to appreciate what is the most beautiful in life. Now you have my synopsis of the 8 things that is truly the motherlode of what could possibly go quite awry.
© 2013 Grace Marguerite Williams