Freeware: WinFF Is A Free Video And Music Converter
WinFF Is A Free Video And Audio Converter
WinFF is a graphical user interface (GUI) for the command line video converter, FFMPEG.It will convert most any video file that FFmpeg will convert. WinFF does multiple files in multiple formats at one time. You can convert MPEG's, FLV's, and MOV's, etc. into AVI's all at once.
WinFF is available for Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, XP, VISTA, and Debian, Ubuntu, Redhat based GNU/Linux distributions.
WinFF Compatability & Features
WinFF is Freeware and Easy To Use
WinFF is free and very easy to use. The following is a list of some of WinFF features:
* Easy to use interface.
* Fast (Winff does not hinder FFmpeg in anyway).
* High quality output.
* Converts multiple different files all to the same format at once.
* Convert video to audio.
* Convert between audio formats.
* No external codecs needed.
* Includes a variety of preset conversion settings for common formats and devices.
* Preset conversions can be created to encode to any format FFmpeg supports.
* Easy access to common conversion options such as bitrate, frame size, frame rate.
* Specify additional command line parameters for advanced users (options button).
* Easily change FFmpeg versions.
* Supports FFmpeg's Multithreading for dual core processers
* Multilingual, available in over 10 languages
WinFF Download Sites
You can download a free copy here: http://www.winff.org
Preset Conversion Settings To Choose from
Preset conversion settings include:
Audio, AVI, DV, DVD, Ipod, Mobile Phones, MP4, Neuros OSD, Palm, PSP, Quicktime, Rockbox, VCD, Websites, and WMV.
Preset Audio & Video Conversions
WinFF is very easy to use
WinFF has a very simple interface. You can convert most video or audio files in 5 simple steps.Step 1: Click on "Add" button to upload the video/audio file (e.g. MPEG-2 file) you would like to convert to AVI.
Options for AVI conversions
Step 2: Open the "Convert To.." window and select the desired video format AVI.Step 3: Pull down the next window and select one of the four choices.
Save Your New File
Step 4: In "Output Folder, select the site in your PC where you would to save your new converted video file. It has the same file name as your original file but with a new extension (.avi).
Just click the "Convert" button....
Step 5: Click on the "Convert" button. A black-screen window appears showing the conversion process. Transcoding will take a few seconds to several minutes depending on how large is your video file. When it is finished, you'll need to press any key to complete the process. Check the site where you have saved the new file.
Conversion Process Window
Audio Preset Conversions
You can use WinFF to convert audio files such as MP3 to WAV and vice versa.
In Step 2, select "Audio".
In Step 3, select "Wav for CD" and that's it, you're all done.
Audio Conversion Presets
More Preset Conversions..Websites
For the advanced users, WinFF has an additional options button which opens up the windows where you can add your own preset parameters.
Options for the advanced users..
WinFF has a forum site where you can get more information about the program.