jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

No Spring Break here!

1. JimTxMiller profile image78
    JimTxMillerposted 4 years ago

But I may not be spending quite as much time here as I have been. I started an online course, Introduction to Sustainability, from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign through coursera.com.

From the course syllabus: "This course introduces the academic approach of Earth Systems and explores how today’s human societies can endure in the face of global change, ecosystem degradation, and resource limitations. The course focuses on key knowledge areas including population, ecosystems, global change, energy, agriculture, water, environmental economics and policy, ethics, and cultural history."

There is still time to join the class if you are interested, and there is no fee. Check it out by aiming your browser at https://class.coursera.org/sustain-002/class/index.

1. Kathryn Stratford profile image92
      Kathryn Stratfordposted 4 years agoin reply to this

It looks like a very interesting course. I'm very fascinated by the selection of free courses on that site. Thanks for sharing the link and the idea with us, and good luck!

1. JimTxMiller profile image78
        JimTxMillerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome, Kathryn. If nothing else, I plan to get a couple of good hubs out of it.

1. Kathryn Stratford profile image92
          Kathryn Stratfordposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I look forward to them! Happy learning!

2. AMFredenburg profile image80
      AMFredenburgposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Good luck to you; sounds like an interesting course. Thanks for the link; I'll definitely explore it.

2. xstatic profile image61
    xstaticposted 4 years ago

That's great Jim! Keep us posted on your progress.

3. suzzycue profile image87
    suzzycueposted 4 years ago

Way to go. Learning new things is always exciting. Good luck with your new project and I'll be waiting to read your hubs.

working