Look on the Bright Side

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (30 posts)
  1. Kathryn L Hill profile image76
    Kathryn L Hillposted 8 years ago

If we all kill ourselves, nature wins.

1. Ruth Angel profile image70
      Ruth Angelposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Indeed. If nature were to win, what a blow to our egos.

2. Michael-Milec profile image62
      Michael-Milecposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Why should I kill myself? It would only anger the Creator, and outcome of my spiritual eternity might turn for worse...

Kathryn L Hillposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Oh no, I did not mean that at all.   Sorry.
        I meant if we end up killing ourselves through wars, bombs, guns, pharmaceuticals, genetically modified foods, pollution, hatred, global warming, germ warfare, lethargy/sloth, stock market crashes, economic crashes, nuclear power plant failures/radiation, overly processed foods/unhealthful diets, embracing evil in the media, lack of survival skills, ignorance, greed, governmental tyranny, etc. etc. etc.
        Not to mention a lack of common sense boundaries for the good of all.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image76
  3. Kathryn L Hill profile image76

When I look around and see the beauty of nature, I feel calm. If humans were to disappear from the face of the earth, the birds would be chirping, the bee population would be buzzing, the myriad of natural growth systems and structures would flourish without interruption and/or polution. Lakes would be become clean, and the streams and the oceans, the sky and the clouds, the blues and the greens … and all the other colors and the rainbows would become clear ...
    Why don't we just pack up and go to Mars already, for the sake of this planet?

1. Michael-Milec profile image62

Fantasy, fiction or truth , there is a trustworthy Book carrying blessed promises for the planet Earth. I'll believe and wait, knowing the One who is in charge to fulfill His promises. ( Perhaps soon.)

How many do you know willing to listen and learn the truth? How many do you know who have not already given up?

Those who have faith in Jesus are the lucky ones.
        Do they embrace nature?
        Will they embrace nature?
        Will they stand up for the way God made this planet and work to promote this way?
        How far do we have to fall before we willingly cooperate with nature?

Oh Kathryn, statistically both of these questions can't be answer by me or any human beings; we are told of crisis in the history of God's people when Elijah was complaining  as being single left while the YHWH told him "I still have left in Israel  seven thousand followers..."(1 Kings 19:18). We do not go by numbers of churchgoers of  register christian membership. Many I know who live righteously clinging to the Truth yet keeping themselves from being polluted by the world. Those who Trust the Living Word, are blessed by His standard, ( Sorry, no lucky in the kingdom business.)
          Next two question, "Do hey- will they embrace nature?"- " They " surely do. Man created in God's image was placed in sovereignty over the earth- to have ''dominion." This purpose has never been terminated,  though off and on suffering set-back, however the " redeemed" those of the light of the world and  salt of the earth continue its purpose until the final victory. It's happening as we speak, God's purpose of total redemption ," Based on His promise, we are expecting new heavens and new earth, in which righteousness will dwell."
          "How far do we have to fall before"...? Well  "We " -not all will "fall" - whatever it means-  yet certain 'change of magnitude' is ahed of this civilization.

I hope not. But what about those who are materialistically minded?
            … which might just include all of us.

We go by the Book. There are answers in the Bible  to every possible  question including "those who are materialistically minded.'' The one particularly ( Luke 12:16-23) has a classic answer to a "materialistically ' minded ; - Jesus speaking "God said to him , 'You fool! I will demand  your life from you tonight! Now who will get what you've accumulated.?'
              By the way,  some of us aren not included.

< "By the way, some of us are not included.">
                (Edited after contemplating)

I agree, some will never know the master plan.
                Many do
                As you do.

Master plan: LIFE

Thank you.

"Some of us'' meant directly me. Once I've  understood what my Master is saying, I had choice to be " stupid fool" and go to hell forever or to be "rich in God." No one can serve two Masters, has been told long time ago , and many do understand meaning of it. Still, I have to bee very careful of every single step of my earthly journey to keep faith intact.

4. DasEngel profile image59
    DasEngelposted 8 years ago

If we all human beings collectively kill ourselves nature might be disappointed as well smile

Nature is completely impartial, to us.
      God however ... that is another story.
      He would be very sad (understatement) if we failed to such an extent.

He would have to start all over again!!!!!

Would He bother?  That might be the apprpriate question!

1. DasEngel profile image59
        DasEngelposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Yes he does!

What did you mean by, "Yes he does!" ?
          and most importantly, why the exclamation point?
          If you could explain your comment, it would be very interesting. wink

… so never mind.

I feel that without the presence of human beings life in the world might feel a bit boring, cosmically speaking. smile So, yes, God would be bothered indeed if we all check out collectively. But unfortunately there exists so many j-rks in the human family that God might appreciate a collective human extinction because the 'innocent' animals would at least live in peace and happiness thereupon.

It all now depends upon God's skills in computer games. We keep saving our progress when inside a computer game, don't we? So that even if we get killed by a sniper the next second, we can load the latest of our saved games and kill the sniper without wasting time.

So, yes He does reboot the matrix continuously and does save the progress …
                Good to know.
                Thank You.
                No need for such negativity.
                smile

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image76

Maybe you, DE, meant, He does start over all the time.
            Maybe he does so with the birth of every new soul.

(PS Your answer was intriguing, but so vague. Vague answers baffle me.  I am sorry if I was too demanding in wanting more explanation.)

LAM

I'm kind of on a mission to cleanse the "religion & philosophy" forums. A good experiment. smile That angler thread wasn't directed at you, but it was a link on a sequence that is rebooting the matrix.

We have been, and will always be, on the same page.

smile

+1!

2. DasEngel profile image59

You also knew me as Prodio. Banned too, finally. However, the experiment has been successful. :-)

5. Kathryn L Hill profile image76

He might not feel like starting over again, but for us, He would.

TWISI

6. Kathryn L Hill profile image76

Michael-Milec:
    What do you think God thinks about the destruction of unwanted embryos?
    If humans die off or kill themselves off in some manner, at least the pain felt by embryos (they have a nervous system, after all) of being chopped up and vacuumed out will cease.

http://www.mccl.org/unborn-babies-can-feel-pain.html

A chart on page 22 of the institute's 25-page study released in 2012 estimated that worldwide, abortion rates per 1,000 women in that age range fell to 28 percent in 2008 from 29 percent in 2003. The organization estimated 2008 abortion rates by region were:
    43 percent in Eastern Europe
    39 percent in the Caribbean
    38 percent in Eastern Africa
    36 percent in Middle Africa and Southeast Asia
    32 percent in South America
    29 percent in Central America
    28 percent in Western Africa and Eastern Asia
    26 percent in Western Asia and South-central Asia
    19 percent in North America, including the U.S.
    18 percent in Southern Europe and Northern Africa
    17 percent in Southern Europe and Oceana
    15 percent in Southern Africa
    12 percent in Western Europe

http://www.newsmax.com/FastFeatures/abo … id/638599/

Better then speculate what "God thinks" about...  anything , is knowing what he already said " My thoughts are not your thoughts"..." As the heavens are higher then the earth... so are my thoughts than your thoughts..." For me it does mean to get closest possible to His thoughts (?!) to be able to say something right about " unwonted embryos." Hogwash ! ( Sorry for my direct language.) There isn't such a  thing as unwonted embryo in God's economy who is the creator and a giver of LIFE. Speaking to the prophet - this sets a  precedent -  "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you. Before  you were born, I set you apart for my holy purpose..." Every single life has a purpose on this planet of earth, to accomplish a unique  assignment 'here' and " now" no other person ever would. Now, if any crooked murdered shorten that life prematurely interfering in God's plan  and purpose of accomplishment, guess what? Will that be unnoticed? No way my dear. We are witnessing to horrible sufferings and pain of individuals, families and a nations who are  murdering babies thus bringing upon themselves curse that follows as a result of rebellion agains established principles in this orbit. God the Creator has  given  long time ago many "written good advices" what not to do in order to avoid self-inflicted suffering , pain and  disaster... Every caused pain is well registered , though those tiny bodies can't tells us, the expression of the nature is echoing that " pain"- only if we listen to the news and watch falling apart systems. ( We  do not need to talk about.) Rather we will pray and  rejoice, because of the promise given by the Master "Rejoice - when you see  this -because  your redemption is near.

I appreciate your response. And you leave us with merciful tidings of hope rather than hell. We create hell. We do.  Yet you bring us us to the bright side:

<"Every caused pain is well registered, though those tiny bodies can't tell us, the expression of nature is echoing that "pain." - Only if we listen to the news and watch systems falling apart.
        (We do not need to talk about it.)
        Rather, we will pray and rejoice, because of the promise given by the Master, "Rejoice when you see this because your redemption is near.">

7. Kathryn L Hill profile image76

A sense of urgency helps.

Thanks for sharing your insights.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)