jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

AGRIC SCIENCE

1. NIKADE profile image34
    NIKADEposted 8 years ago

is any one out there working on growing food crops in an enclosure. i stumbled into something you may want to try

2. packerpack profile image60
    packerpackposted 8 years ago

You mean as in a greenhouse?? and what did you stumbled upon?

NIKADEposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Greenhouse yes, but i was working on fuel cells,that is producing methane gas fuel waste. i chanelled the gas produced through a mud chamber only to find green grass growing very well inside after some weeks. on removal of the gas pipe the grasses died within days

1. packerpack profile image60
        packerpackposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Correct me if I understood you wrong, you were passing methane gas through a mud chamber and then after a few weeks you saw some grass growing which died after the removal of the gas.

I guess the methane gas with moisture in the mud acted like a fertilizer which helped the grass grow and maybe it died soon after the removal of gas due to the fact that all fertilizer in the soil got used up and there was nothing to support the living grass.

Look these are all my guess-work because I do not know what kind of soil you were using and in what quantity, what grass were you growing and what were the other factors involved like temperature or anything else. Moreover I am not expert in the subject. I have just spoken based on my general knowledge!

NIKADEposted 8 years ago in reply to this

That is great,what i supposed did what you described would have been carbon iv oxide which is also a product of decy mixed with methane. and we know it supports agric.thanks for the idea you have given me a new lead, what i will do is to separate the two gases and see

3. packerpack profile image60
    packerpackposted 8 years ago

Well glad to know that my guesswork helped you wink

working