jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you think there is a life in the universe other than on the Earth?

1. Sheila Kemp profile image57
    Sheila Kempposted 8 years ago

Do you think there is a life in the universe other than on the Earth?

Given the enormous size of the universe, don't you think there must be a planet out there where there is some form of life?

2. advisor4qb profile image77
    advisor4qbposted 8 years ago

Well, there are other galaxies, and it has been suggested in some of the literature I have read that people reincarnate here from other places.  So my immediate response is yes, but of course there is no concrete proof.

3. Sterling Sage profile image77
    Sterling Sageposted 8 years ago

I think it's almost certain. I'll go beyond that and say that I think it's almost certain that there's life elsewhere in the universe that's intelligent and technologically advanced.

Most likely we'll never get confirmation of their existence, though, since the enormous distance from us translates to enormous amounts of time for them to contact us. We'd have to wait a long, long time. Unless, that is, there's some as-yet undiscovered way around the light speed barrier.

4. Glenn Stok profile image99
    Glenn Stokposted 8 years ago

Well, even though the universe is so large, which lends to the idea that life must exist somewhere, there is another consideration. That is the hugeness if the 4th dimension....TIME.  It may be so that life exists somewhere else in the universe. But what are the chances that it exists in the same period of time that we do here on Earth, give or take a few zillion decades.

5. Shahid Bukhari profile image59
    Shahid Bukhariposted 7 years ago

Its not a matter of my thinking ... Because, Al'Quran ... The Book, I, as a Muslim Follow ... States in Chapter 42, Verse, 29 ...

And I quote the Verse:

"And, of His signs, is the Creation of the heavens and the earth, and what He hath spread forth in them of the Living, beings. And He Is All Powerful, to gather them together, when He Will."

Unquote.

The Arabic Noun, Defining the referred Scattering of Extra Terrestrial Living Beings througout the Physical Universe, is "Daabah" ...

The Noun in Extraterrestrial Life's Context, occurs Twice in the Glorious Koran, while refering to the Scattering of Extraterrestrial Living beings.

"Daabah" in Arabic, is the Load Bearing Kind of Animal ...

Theories about Aliens, with super intellegence, are simply wishful thinking, of ones, looking for something, which could grant them immortality and power  ...

Because, according to Al' Quran ... The Zenith of Creation, is Humankind. Thus, it is daft for a Muslim to believe in the Existence of Extraterrestrial Super Intellegences.

working