Why do we still teach our kids using an education system based on the Industrial

1. ParadigmShift... profile image75
    ParadigmShift...posted 8 years ago

Why do we still teach our kids using an education system based on the Industrial Age?

2. ddsurfsca profile image76
    ddsurfscaposted 8 years ago

Government, and society as a whole has always been slow to change.  We just have to catch up to ourselves.  It is changing though, as all three of my boys went to college and came out of it with new age technological careers. 
    Schools such as ITT, are helping to move this change right along, just give it time.

3. MrsOdie profile image54
    MrsOdieposted 8 years ago

Schools are run by the government and by teachers' unions.  Good luck getting teachers to vote to get rid of our summer vacation!  Plus, Obama's idea that kids should be in school more is a good one, but I predict that he wouldn't be interested in paying teachers more, even though we'd be working more hours.  He'd say it in his speeches to get applause, but it would never come to fruition.  As is, we are being asked to take less pay for the same work (or in some cases more as we pick up the slack of teachers being laid off) and/or have our benefits cut.  Teachers are the last of the middle class and the government is trying to fix the economy on our backs.  Boy, does my back hurt.

working