who invented fairys, elves, brownies, gnomes etc.?

1. profile image45
    kaitipooposted 8 years ago

who invented fairys, elves, brownies, gnomes etc.?

2. Wayne Brown profile image85
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

I am not totally positive of these but I think it might have been the folks down at the Keebler Cookie Co.  Seems that one time they were a little lean on money and had no place to make their cookies except in an old hollowed out tree trunk.  They need fairys and elvies, maybe even a few gnomes to help them make a new treat the were trying to invent called the "Brownie".  Apparently they were highly successful as we all see Brownies on the shelf today and Keebler swears they were made by elves.  That's my two cent. WB

3. outdoorsguy profile image56
    outdoorsguyposted 7 years ago

Legends of the little folk are common across the globe..  The Celts had various names for them ranging from the Daonie Shea, Grugragh, Ban Shea, Pooka etc.. the Cherokee called them the Yunwi Tsunsdi' while their version of Elves were called the Nunne'hi, on Nan Madol in the south pacific, they were called the Brown Dwarves.   pretty much every race has legends of these creatures.   these legends date back  3,500 thousand years or more depending on the culture.   

I wonder if some of these legends might actually be refering to the recently discovered race of Hobbitis Florentis. especially since some of the legends are very so similiar.

working