jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

If I want copies of my criminal charge along with all the statements, am I allow

  1. profile image46
    HarleyR.posted 8 years ago

    If I want copies of my criminal charge along with all the statements, am I allowed to have them?

    My current charge is an "Assualt causing bodily harm", the trial is already set, but when I went to the police station to get copies, the officer there said that "I was not allowed to have them". When I asked why, he simply replied: "Proper procedure". And then he tried to say something like "It's up to the Crown(Prosecutor) to divvy them back to me". But then I asked for "Copies", and he said he couldn't give me any.

  2. Cyber Lawyer profile image60
    Cyber Lawyerposted 8 years ago

    These are serious charges, and you should have a lawyer to represent you. The lawyer should be dealing with the issues you have asked about, not you. The lawyer would obtain the documents and forward copies to you.

  3. Shahid Bukhari profile image60
    Shahid Bukhariposted 7 years ago

    I don't know, what country's laws you are referring to ... but in any civilized Society, if anyone is accused of anything, by anyone, and the matter is referred to the court of Law ...

    Then the Accused, has the Fundamental Human Right, to have the Charge Sheet, and all that leads up to the framing, of Charge/s, including Evidence/s, and Witnesses Statement/s, are by Law, required to be made available to the Accused on demand.

    What I find rather disturbing, is that your question has been posted under some "Tricks etc.." Forum ... so I ask you to have it placed in the proper ... Law Forum.

  4. Adventure Colorad profile image82
    Adventure Coloradposted 7 years ago

    As already mentioned, this will depend on what country you are in.  Since I can only speak on the U.S., I won't guess about other countries.  In the U.S. you should be able to get copies of everything the prosecution has through discovery.  Since he directed you to the prosecutor, that is most likey how you need to go about getting it.