jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

what do you need to form an eletric circuit?

1. profile image43
    brittany93posted 7 years ago

what do you need to form an eletric circuit?

2. Pearldiver profile image79
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

For Me?
    A very helpful Sparky..... I hate electricity since I was 2 and I first plugged my fingers into an electric circuit and flicked the switch....

But for some reason.... I Love Flying..... lol.

3. jite profile image39
    jiteposted 7 years ago

Some wires,switch ,battery and some lamp or fan etc.

4. johnsams profile image68
    johnsamsposted 7 years ago

battery , small light bulb holder, light bulb that fits the holder, wire that should already be attached to the battery holder, On/Off switch (optional)

5. wilderness profile image97
    wildernessposted 7 years ago

Technically, a power source and a conductor.  The power source may be a battery, wall plug, or other item that can produce electricity.  The conductor can be any material that will conduct electricity; wire, buss bar, yourself, any metal or even water (preferably salt water).  Connect the conductor from one side of the source to the other and voila! a complete circuit.  It won't last long without some form of resistance in the conductor, but it is a complete circuit.

If you don't believe water will conduct electricity, fill a house receptacle with water and call the fire department and rescue squad.  I have seen 3' flames from a floor receptacle flooded from a broken sprinkler pipe and people die all the time from appliances or hot wires falling into water with them.

working