jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is there away to legally protect a tittle for a hub you want to use for future u

1. Highvoltagewriter profile image80
    Highvoltagewriterposted 7 years ago

Is there away to legally protect a tittle for a hub you want to use for future use?

I have a hub that I want to write and I also want to use  it for my web site that I am building. Now, I know that in the past titles for articles can not be copy written but there must be away....

2. Nick B profile image80
    Nick Bposted 7 years ago

Have you checked to see whether that title is actually available?

If it is, then create the hub as a blank and then fill it in when you have the information you need. Hub titles are on a first come first serve basis, so if you create said hub, the title is yours.

If it isn't - ie, someone else has it already, there's nothing to stop you from using it in your web site, even if you can't use it here.

3. Highvoltagewriter profile image80
    Highvoltagewriterposted 7 years ago

No, the title has not been used before AND the reason that I asked the question is that in the past some one used a title I used for a hub and I was told there was nothing I could do about it. Were they mistaken?

4. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

I'm not sure what you are getting at here, but, you used the term legal and I'm guessing you're referring to copyright, there is no copyright in titles; however, if you entitled something, Gone with the Wind, and then wrote a story of Rhet Butler, et al, it would be consdered as passing off.

working