Why address this to teachers? Don't you think parents/teachers should be partner

1. jonihnj profile image73
    jonihnjposted 7 years ago

Why address this to teachers? Don't you think parents/teachers should be partners, not adversaries?

Having taught comm. college one semester, I discovered teaching is really, really hard. Teachers of younger students have it worse - often subjected to obnoxious parents. But sometimes, children are outmatched by unfair teachers or, as I raised previously, by coaches. I think at those times, parents should step in to even the playing field.

2. KewlWriter profile image76
    KewlWriterposted 7 years ago

I have been a Graduate Teaching Assistant since 1 year [3 semesters] and in my experience not all undergrad youth want to know the subject. They just want an "A". I have caught so many students cheating, and each time they come up with some excuse or the other. I don't want the matter to go to their parents because which I don't not want to deal with [because I may loose my funding]. For these reasons, it almost seems like its better to let the youth get away with few slip ups because they really don't care that we are thinking for their good. All they[well most] care for is a good grade.
    But if I ever face a situation to need to meet a parent, I absolutely think teachers and parents should work together.

working