what was trench warfare like as in what did soldiers want and what was unavailab

1. profile image47
    memeeeposted 7 years ago

what was trench warfare like as in what did soldiers want and what was unavailable to them?

during the war?

2. profile image54
    SpaceAgeposted 7 years ago

That's something 2 research in wikipedia. I can only say from knowing myself well enough that survival's key. Ditch usage helps in dodging many attacks. From knowing myself well, I discovered that I'm drawn 2 enclosed beds. This kind of mimicks a deep ditch. B'n German, Irish, & indian, I know they all fought in battle @ some point. No doubt my forefathers must've slept in ditches during wartime. German, Irish, & Indians were warriors. I read it somewhere yrs ago in a non-fiction library book.
    Btw, I'm also drawn 2 tight spots.

3. CarolineChicago profile image83
    CarolineChicagoposted 7 years ago

Trench warfare involves a lot of dirt and mud. The biggest thing soldiers wanted, outside of staying alive, was personal hygiene. Trench warfare is infamous for body lice, no showers, and poor nutrition. There is actually a dental condition called "trench mouth", a bacterial condition, that pretty much exemplifies life in the trenches. It is caused by stress, lack of brushing, poor nutrition and smoking.

working