jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

could dark matter be a form of water?

1. poleflux profile image72
    polefluxposted 7 years ago

could dark matter be a form of water?

listen to space sounds and then listen to the sounds of polar ice calving and  moving, very similar

2. MPG1 profile image80
    MPG1posted 7 years ago

I don't think so but it might be similar to it. From my understanding of dark matter:

1- it is not affected by light and therefor is invisible to our eyes
    2- it is not affected by other matter including other dark matter (and thus like neutrinos passes through regular matter)
    3- Dark matter is only detected because it still has gravity like regular matter

So I guess you could say it floats around like water does in a low gravity environment.

3. Sharminator profile image73
    Sharminatorposted 7 years ago

It is impossible to say at this time. But one thing that may help with your question is the description of dark matter. Dark matter is a form of energy that has its own mass. It can be weighed physically under certain conditions. But it can not be seen and is almost impossible to track. What is known is that every person on this planet holds seven grams of dark matter in there brain's while they are alive. This leave the body upon death and is believed by some to the the human soul. As our brains are mainly made up of water. It is clear that dark matter can reside in water. But this does not mean that it can not reside anywhere but in water. It is also believed that dark matter makes up a large percentage of the universe. I hope this helps.

4. rafken profile image81
    rafkenposted 7 years ago

I do not know. Are you are asking is dark matter a liquid? That , if that is the case, is our solar system in a bubble?

working