jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Do you think that Dragons once existed?

1. rafken profile image79
    rafkenposted 7 years ago

Do you think that Dragons once existed?

All over the World there are legends of dragons. Probably the Chinese are best known for the Dragon but St George of England was also supposed to of slayed a Dragon. The 2 countries had these stories of Dragons, from before they even new of the existance of the other country. It seems strange that 2 such similar legends would arise from 2 countries so far apart.

2. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

Of course they did. Chain mail is based on Dragon scales. Central heating on the internal heat production within fire breathers and Scrabble wouldn't be the game it is without a Dragon's penchant for making words up to suit itself. Pure math smile

3. phiphi profile image56
    phiphiposted 7 years ago

I think yes but sometimes i think they dont this is really confused to me too

4. drbillfannin profile image59
    drbillfanninposted 7 years ago

In your dreams. Dragon myths are probably tales from when dinosaurs roamed the earth. Contrary to what you are taught in school, there were intelligent people on this earth when dinosaurs roamed. When they were destroyed, most of the people died too, but enough of them survived for us to be here today. People have always passed along tales of the past. Obviously, some of the stories got changed or embellished along the way.

5. profile image0
    FortunesTaleposted 7 years ago

In short my answer is a very loud "YES"... Cultures all around the world have dragon tales of some sort, the Bible actually mentions a creature that seems to be a dragon (not talking about the beast in Revelations) and used to roam the earth, also today scientists are still finding new lifeforms that we have not seen - so maybe we used to dragons and they only became myth because they decided to hide from us and if that is the case, then it is quite possible that they are alive today aswell...

6. Krissi87 profile image61
    Krissi87posted 7 years ago

Yes, there were dragons. Not to put a damper on Humans or anything though we are creative and intelligent we are not that creative to make up this elaborate monster to talk about in different cultures of the world. I do not believe in all the dinosaurs became extinct from the meteor shower. If they did why are their reptiles, birds, Komodo Dragons, or other direct descendents of the dinosaurs. I feel that the dragon was nothing like a T REX but another large dinosaur(perhaps one of the herbivores) that people saw and needed to destroy. Or in the Chinese's case harness its powers.

There is a theory that some scholars believe that some of the myths of Ancient Greece were from the Greeks finding fossils of prehistoric creatures. For instance the Cyclops= Wooly Mammoth. All that could be seen was the "hole" for its trunk which looked like it only had one eye. Possibly creatures of the dragon legend was looking at fossils of dinosaurs and in trying to explain it to the best of their ability they claimed it to be a dragon.

7. TheSloneGal profile image59
    TheSloneGalposted 7 years ago

I think they did and what is even cooler is that there is evidence that dragons were in fact dinosaurs. I just did a page about this subject

http://hubpages.com/hub/Could-Dragons-Be-Real

8. thebeast02 profile image84
    thebeast02posted 6 years ago

Yes, but I believe that it was a dinosaur that had not yet gone extinct. It would not surprise me one bit if we one day find a skeletal remain that matched what we would call a "dragon" today. Now the fire-breathing is a different issue.

9. JKenny profile image93
    JKennyposted 6 years ago

In a sense yes, because the Dragon myths probably originate from when ancient civilisations discovered the fossils of prehistoric creatures such as Dinosaurs. I watched a documentary which stated that the cyclops myth probably originates from Prehistoric Elephant skulls discovered by the Greeks, because they assumed that the huge hole in the middle, where the trunk would have been was a huge eye socket.

working