What are some good Fundraisers for a college sport that needs money?

1. Girllookingout profile image57
    Girllookingoutposted 7 years ago

What are some good Fundraisers for a college sport that needs money?

It is a college club team, that is not funded by the school.

2. Clark Grizvold profile image71
    Clark Grizvoldposted 7 years ago

I think the best fundraisers are the ones that give someone something that they need.  Selling magazines and candy can turn people off because they don't really need those things and would probably rather just donate then buy something overpriced that they don't need.  I think that is why car washes work so well, people need their car washed anyway.  Other ideas are selling water where there are large groups of people, they can be bought cheap by the case and sold individually.  Then explain what you are raising money for and many people will donate a couple extra dollars.

You never want to invest too much into your fundraiser in case it doesn't sell, you may have been better off just donating the money in the first place.

I have had good luck raising money with my photo booth by offering free pictures and then when people are waiting for the picture I explain that I am doing it to raise money for so and so cause and almost everyone wants to chip in since they are getting something for free anyway. 

There are a lot of good hubs on fund raising here as well!  Check some out for ideas.  Good Luck!!

working