do you think Oak Meadow Curriculum would work well with a Charlotte Mason & Unit

1. profile image50
    m2wandcposted 7 years ago

do you think Oak Meadow Curriculum would work well with a Charlotte Mason & Unit Study style?

(if that makes sense?..ha, ha..) I have looked into Oak Meadow but not in depth...it caught my eye because I like the waldorfy aspect, but I also have strong feelings about adding math, reading, science lessons to the mix...I was going to buy a couple curriculum packages and then modify them to my preferred styles of CM & Unit...do you think Oak Meadow's curriculum would work for what I'm thinking??? Thanks smile

2. profile image0
    WildIrisposted 7 years ago

Oak Meadow and Charlotte Mason are two different but similar approaches to teaching and home schooling. Sure, anything is possible. So yes, you could combine the two. Before doing this it might be wise to do you homework and investigate the learning philosophies and approaches to learning each method takes. Evaluate each according to your education goals. I personally find Oak Meadow below grade level for one child that thrives on challenge and right on target for another young child still a bit  dreamy and wanting to be outside watching butterflies and bees. If you incorporate one thing from Charlotte Mason into your home education routine it should be the emphasis on narration. Good Luck!

working