jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What advantages will I lose if I study in a community college?

1. mikiy profile image60
    mikiyposted 7 years ago

What advantages will I lose if I study in a community college?

compared to studying in a 4-year college, that means.

2. profile image51
    IMPORTANTMEposted 7 years ago

Maybe just in getting a certificate with a high college name written on it.The important thing here is to get a degree and pursue your goals.Simple as that.

3. Freeway Flyer profile image91
    Freeway Flyerposted 7 years ago

If you eventually transfer to a university and get a Bachelor's Degree, there won't be an asterisk saying that you went to a community college for two (or more) years. So getting a bunch of your general education requirements completed at a community college can be a very economical way to go. Fellow students will not be as good on average, and some might claim that the teachers are less knowledgeable than at a university, but as a current community college instructor who attended nothing but universities as a student, I can tell you that the teaching quality at the two types of schools is not all that different. In fact, you might get more opportunity for interaction with the teacher at a community college, where the classes are often smaller.

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image96
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

You'll save money getting an associates from a community college, what disadvantage is there to that?