jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

If classroom subject matter deviates from the required course material, what sho

1. jwood00 profile image77
    jwood00posted 7 years ago

If classroom subject matter deviates from the required course material, what should you do?

If classroom subject matter deviates from the school's required course material and text, would you talk to the professor or would you be silent and allow it to continue? Keep in mind that this is a public college, and you are paying for the classes.

2. kylekandrew profile image59
    kylekandrewposted 7 years ago

enjoy it! Classroom lectures are so cut and dry.  Deviation from the patented material can never be a bad thing, learning is learning, especially if you can find a way to apply it later on in life.

3. legallchew profile image55
    legallchewposted 7 years ago

i would ask the professor the relevance or connection to that stated in the course material.

i had professor's who created their own syllabus and it was better.

4. jwood00 profile image77
    jwood00posted 7 years ago

I don't mean there is lively enjoyable discussion or innovative teaching methods being incorporated. I mean the professor is teaching unrelated material that is based in his personal beliefs.

5. David78 profile image76
    David78posted 7 years ago

I'm a history grad so I don't know how relevant this is to your classes, but as you know history classes are about history and history is always interpreted and or perceived differently.  And it is welcomed for students to ask questions in class that may seem to challenge the professor.  There are many of times where a student and a professor go at it (civil debate) because of different views.

working