jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What are some easy tricks to help one's memory?

1. LeisureLife profile image73
    LeisureLifeposted 7 years ago

What are some easy tricks to help one's memory?

Best strategies for remembering something/how to put information into long-term memory...

2. trimar7 profile image61
    trimar7posted 7 years ago

Play online games, do puzzles, read a lot, anything that exercises the brain.

3. maria.rose profile image36
    maria.roseposted 7 years ago

Repeat the thing to be remembered a few times out loud.........

4. n.pady profile image56
    n.padyposted 7 years ago

repetition is the first method by which you can remember any information for a long period of time.
    next is to imagine what you are reading. example:  if you are reading about the growth of a plant, imagine it in the similar way with the labels. it will stay in your mind for a longer time.
    look and read aloud, this will imprint the information in your mind.

5. wilbury4 profile image72
    wilbury4posted 7 years ago

Sorry.... what was the question again?
    I believe association helps, like linking things together in your mind, so that one certain memory could be reached through several linked paths?

6. profile image0
    David99999posted 7 years ago

I've found that playing word games helps.  For example, if I want to remember a name, I might associate that name with an attribute of the person, place, or thing to which it belongs.

For example, 'George was at the supermarket, so, George could forge ahead in produce.' Here, 'George' and 'forge' rhyme.

7. F.B. Spannigan profile image59
    F.B. Spanniganposted 7 years ago

I had a bunch of reasons, so I made a hub for this. Read it and let me know what you think! smile

8. SoCurious profile image61
    SoCuriousposted 7 years ago

My father had an excellent memory right up until the day he died in Hospice care at an old age.  He worked crossword puzzles and played the card game of Bridge for years.  I think that contributed to his sharp mind.

9. LeisureLife profile image73
    LeisureLifeposted 7 years ago

Great answers everyone! I'm going to be playing a lot more crosswords now !