jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What qualifications should a person have in order to be able to teach ESL or EFL

1. Paul Kuehn profile image95
    Paul Kuehnposted 7 years ago

What qualifications should a person have in order to be able to teach ESL or EFL abroad?

Based on your travels, which is your favorite country in East Asia and why?  Also, have you ever traveled to Taiwan?  Paul

2. NYNY911 profile image58
    NYNY911posted 7 years ago

PAUL- FROM WHAT I KNOW- YOU HAVE TO BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO TEACH ESL ABROAD. A 4 YEAR COLLEGE DEGREE IS PREFERRED BUT NOT ESSENTIAL. IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHERE YOU WANT TO WORK. SOME PLACES REQUIRE A HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA AND OR SOME COLLEGE CREDITS. IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE COUNTRY AND SCHOOL YOU APPLY FOR. ALMOST EVERYONE REQUIRES A 100 HOUR TESOL CERTIFICATE.
    YOU CAN GO TO  -OXFORDSEMINARS.COM  -TO FIND OUT MORE

NO I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO TAIWAN.MY FAVORITE COUNTRY IS MAINLAND CHINA, BECAUSE IT IS GROWING SO FAST AND BECAUSE I MET MY FIANCEE THERE IN 2009.
    BEST,
    ROB

3. whaturmissing profile image83
    whaturmissingposted 7 years ago

I have a friend who taught in Taiwan for six years and loved it.  I taught in Korea for two years.  Or you could go around and teach in different countries in East Asia and see which country you like the most.  Try http://www.eslcafe.com/jobs/ for jobs.

4. profile image0
    eslinsiderposted 6 years ago

In East Asia mostly just a degree. I have taught in China, Taiwan and Korea, but my favorite place in East Asia is Japan. It's hip, clean and quite comfortable.

working