What was Bin Laden actually fighting for in his attacks against the US? Was he simply evil or did he
recognise something which we do not hear about?
Bin Laden's grudges against the "western world". In 1996, Bin Laden declared war on America, and issued the declaration that you see below that I have copypasted from another place on the web (readily available).
Bin Laden, in his 1996 fatwa (declaration) entitled "Declaration of War against the Americans Occupying the Land of the Two Holy Places," identified several grievances that he has about Saudi Arabia, the birthplace and holy land of Islam. (and I quote directly from the fatwa):
"(1) The intimidation and harassment suffered by the leaders of the society, the scholars, heads of tribes, merchants, academic teachers and other eminent individuals;
(2) The situation of the law within the country and the arbitrary declaration of what is Halal and Haram (lawful and unlawful) regardless of the Shari'ah as instituted by Allah;
(3) The state of the press and the media which became a tool of truth-hiding and misinformation;
(4) Abuse and confiscation of human rights;
(5) The financial and the economical situation of the country and the frightening future in the view of the enormous amount of debts and interest owed by the government;
(6) The miserable situation of the social services and infra-structure especially the water service and supply , the basic requirement of life.,
(7) The state of the ill-trained and ill-prepared army and the impotence of its commander in chief despite the incredible amount of money that has been spent on the army. The gulf war clearly exposed the situation.,
(8) Shari'a law was suspended and man made law was used instead.,
(9) And as far as the foreign policy is concerned the report exposed not only how this policy has disregarded the Islamic issues and ignored the Muslims, but also how help and support were provided to the enemy against the Muslims; the cases of Gaza-Ariha and the communist in the south of Yemen are still fresh in the memory, and more can be said."
by theirishobserver.6 years ago
President Barack Obama has announced that the mastermind of the September 11 attacks that killed nearly 3,000 people has been killed in Pakistan by U.S.-led forces.The following is the text of Mr Obama's statement to...
by zadokpriesthood6 years ago
There are so many people that read the forums here that do no believe in God or Satan, and for them I worry, for I know what you are speaking of is real. When I was a young girl I went to church in a place that...
by mio cid5 years ago
Can the republicans diminish the significance of this powerful truth ,as the republicans were against both these accomplishments by a democratic president?
by Ralph Deeds6 years ago
"Whatever readers think of Mr. Cheney’s politics, their heads are more likely to explode from frustration than from any sense of revelation. Indeed, the memoir — delivered in dry, often truculent prose —...
by Elena6 years ago
Why does Osama Bin Laden hate America so much?It was announced on the news 24 Jan, that America should expect more attacks. Message from Obama. (I hope it doesn't happen) Why so much hatred?
by ahorseback2 years ago
Is it really true that President Obama has never visited the Normandy celebration of WWII ? Of the six times that An American president has NOT been to Normandy on the celebration day , all 6 of...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.