jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Do yo think a person can become intelligent by reading books all the time?

1. profile image53
    marbroscottposted 6 years ago

Do yo think a person can become intelligent by reading books all the time?

2. applecsmith profile image79
    applecsmithposted 6 years ago

Yes, of course it depends on what kind of books. But in general reading is great source of gaining intelligence and understanding.

3. Jonesy0311 profile image60
    Jonesy0311posted 6 years ago

I am a proponent of obtaining a college education. That said, you can basically give yourself a college education by reading. I feel that active reading has broadened my vocabulary and expanded my horizons moreso than any course I have ever taken. By reading, for a few bucks you can benefit from months or years of work by the author. It's a great bargain.

4. profile image0
    Marie-AnneLeClercposted 6 years ago

Not unless he/she is able to absorb that knowledge and make sense of the word. As well as what type of information you are reading.

5. Pintoman profile image60
    Pintomanposted 6 years ago

Depends on what you mean. Intelligence is usually defined as your capacity to figure things out, and is pretty much fixed. Knowledge can always be added to. So reading can make you more knowledgeable, not necessarily more intelligent. You may sound more intelligent from reading more; learning new concepts, new words, but the intelligence was always there.

6. n.pady profile image55
    n.padyposted 6 years ago

A book can help a person develop his/her reading and also knowledge. Whatever we learn if put to proper use, definitely makes one smart and intelligent, won't it?
    So, YES, books can make a person smarter and intelligent.

7. SEOjoe profile image70
    SEOjoeposted 6 years ago

obviously it depends on what type of books that you're reading, books are a great souce of knowledge they can help to expand your spelling, vocabulary and they can help you to understand concepts from angles you may never have thought about.

8. puddingicecream profile image74
    puddingicecreamposted 6 years ago

It depends. However, reading books usually makes you more knowledgeable, not more intelligent.

9. Lilet Xee profile image53
    Lilet Xeeposted 4 years ago

i believe the more you read the more you realize how ignorant you are...