Is studying science a benchmark to decide the intelligence level?

1. shampa sadhya profile image82
    shampa sadhyaposted 6 years ago

Is studying science a benchmark to decide the intelligence level?

People usually consider a science student to be the intelligent one among the other students who are from the other streams. I don't agree to it because I feel students opt for a stream on the basis of their interest. What is your opinion?.

2. Anishpat profile image81
    Anishpatposted 6 years ago

I absolutely don’t agree with the premise. Studying science requires one to use different parts of the brain while creating art, music etc. activates different parts of the brain. Accounting and financial analysis may activate a whole new network in the brain.

Who is to judge that a person with a high ‘science IQ’ is more intelligent than say someone with a high ‘emotional IQ’ or ‘musical IQ’ ????

3. Jonesy0311 profile image60
    Jonesy0311posted 6 years ago

I think that scientists appear more intelligent because their brains seem to work in ways that are much different than the majority of the population. My wife excels in Calculus, Chemistry, etc. much to my amazement. However, I have to revise all of her papers because she cannot articulate her thoughts in written form. I think her mind works like an equation and she can't express her thoughts with language. Nonetheless, I enjoy speaking to scientists because they are intimately familiar with things that boggle my mind.

working