jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you believe you use your brain to the full potential?

  1. mythicalstorm273 profile image79
    mythicalstorm273posted 6 years ago

    Do you believe you use your brain to the full potential?

    So many people seem not to think about what they do everyday.  Are you one of those people? Do you use your brain? How do you think you use it best? Are you just letting it rot? I want to know your personal thoughts about the ability to think!! (Think of it as almost a poll to see how many people are thinkers vs just going with the flow people)

  2. Lord De Cross profile image83
    Lord De Crossposted 6 years ago

    Away from the thread, "Cagsil would you marry me?" lol! I try to think about upcoming hubs whether from split of second isnpiration to just keep myself thinking visually..whcih means an idea, a thought or just a picture will click my imagination. They say..we just make use of  a 5%_7% our our potentiallity, mentally speaking. But don't get me wrong, we all are different and we came into this world with different purposes. I could add more to the subject  but I stop here for now shh! at work..oops!)
    LORD

  3. OutsideTheLines profile image62
    OutsideTheLinesposted 6 years ago

    None of us use our full potential. I've always heard that it was 10% and anyone that is above this are the people that attain the title of "genius" or "super-human". I watched a documentary about people that have learned to access a good amount of the remaining 90% and they showed unbelievable use of memory function, being able to target certain muscles to lift larger amounts of weights than even some people with twice as much muscle fibers, and problem solving skills.

  4. mythicalstorm273 profile image79
    mythicalstorm273posted 6 years ago

    Thank you for answering you guys.  As you both point out it is not usually possible to use our full brain.  When I said potential I meant what you are personally capable of using.  Sorry I did not word it very well.  I was frustrated and it came out in my question.

  5. ambassadornchains profile image59
    ambassadornchainsposted 6 years ago

    Absolutely not.  We all use, on AVERAGE, a small percent of our brain - I believe it's around 10%, and I'm sure most people don't even use that much.  Many of the errors we make daily, our brain knows how to perform them flawlessly.  I'm not sure if the world would be a better or worse place if we could use 100% of our brain...

    Although, to answer your question about being a thinker vs go-with-the-flow person?  I am DEFINITELY a thinker.  I over-analyze EVERYTHING!  It drives my man mad sometimes! wink

 
working